LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Affordable D-Rings ?

Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Affordable D-Rings ?

I'd like to add more D-rings to the bed of the truck. The rail system is great but many times I just want to bungee something real quick and also would like a lower position in the bed to anchor, as well as other mid height areas to tie something to.

I'd like stainless if possible but not necessary. I've looked around and all I can find are the truck bed 'hooks' and 'eyes' that are supposed to go in the square holds for most trucks without the bed caps.

TIA
Old 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
I'd like to add more D-rings to the bed of the truck. The rail system is great but many times I just want to bungee something real quick and also would like a lower position in the bed to anchor, as well as other mid height areas to tie something to.

I'd like stainless if possible but not necessary. I've looked around and all I can find are the truck bed 'hooks' and 'eyes' that are supposed to go in the square holds for most trucks without the bed caps.

TIA

have you tried home depot, lowes....maybe a harbor freight tools place?? i think you can get d-rings at these places, but they arent with the normal hold downs you find there. check this thread.....i think some places to purchase extra d rings are mentioned.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
I did find this at harbor freight, thanks for the idea.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96232

Old 03-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

TIA
I went with these that were posted on here by someone earlier. Pricey but have the reenforcement for the composite bed.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PT785-35054.aspx?MakeID=1
Old 03-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, Harbor Freight is complete crap. I wouldn't trust those to not rust for a a week.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #7

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
These don't look bad at 1.49 each.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/mounti...mr9-p-944.html

All you'd need for reinforcement is a little steel place on the other side of the bed. Should be okay for what I'm looking for. Just some additional places to tie off light loads, not in anyway planning on using them for securing heavy loads.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #9

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Thanks!.. I should have known to look there. Doh!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
When you put the bolts back in did you use any thread locker or just use the impact to tighten them?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyobuyo View Post
When you put the bolts back in did you use any thread locker or just use the impact to tighten them?
Just the impact. Damn things were on tight enough as it was I didn't even think about thread locker. (mainly because the damn things wouldn't bunch WITHOUT the impact!)
Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #12
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
I bolted those 1.49 examples above on mine. They were actaully 1.29 at Tractor supply store. D-rings, bolts/nuts, and washers ran me about $5. Took some scrap 3.5 x 5 steel plates to use as the backer. Everything was coated in black plasi-dip to dampen any vibration and prevent rust. Works great.