1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Damaged taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pumo420, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mar 30, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

Member:
    middle
    Vehicle:
    '07 Indigo 4.0l 4x4
    the leading minor of order 1 is not positive definite.
    i stick with my previous statement. don't get me wrong, i'm a huge fan of a nice looking truck and advocate taking care of appearance. but you can pour a small fortune into collision repair but in the end, there's no guarantee it'll keep looking that way for any length of time. it would suck to to pick the truck from the body shop, pay your $2500, back into your mailbox or something when you get home. the truck's gonna get old no matter what you do. so if you have the money to spend on it, in 10 years what to you want? a truck that's half bondo but still looks shiny, or a truck that looks 10 years old but gets 300hp? i guess it all depends on what you like. or don't spend any money on this truck and start saving for your next one. cause in 10 years, somebody's gonna make a truck you like better than your banged up, slow, 10 year old gas-guzzler. anyway, let us know what you pick! have fun.

2. Apr 4, 2008 at 8:32 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    I read this thread some time ago and was hoping it would never happen to me. That changed this week. I was driving my car (Mazda 6i) home late Monday Night. Had to stop to turn left because of oncoming traffic. Wham! Rear end collision. The jackass took off. Left his bumper locked into my trunk. He had no tags and was never found. $4,500.00 damage and now in the body shop. On Weds, I took my Tacoma (which I rarely drive) to the grocery store and parked next to an island full of bushes far from the store. Came out of the store and what do I find? Someone had hit the passenger side and left. Now it's in the same body shop with $1,500.00 in damage! I had a good idea who hit it and there is a bank with video cameras within 75 feet of where I parked, but the cops did not care, nor would the bank review the tapes. I retained an attorney, who in turn had a judge force the bank to hand over the tapes today and I will review them later.

I n the mean time, I have the bumper from the car that rear ended me and guess what? The VIN number is on the inside!! The police did not want me to pick up any of the debris from that accident because the city would collect it on trash day! $15.00 and a search on the VIN, I found the owner, but the car had been reported stolen 2 years ago.

How can all of this happen? I had no idea our law enforcement here was so pathetic.

3. Apr 4, 2008 at 8:48 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    From what I understand, police really don't care about stolen or damaged cars...

What I don't get is this: If some one is stealing cars or pulling hit'n'runs, WHAT ELSE ARE THESE CRIMINALS DOING!?!?!?

Go after them! Some times stolen cars that aren't parted out are found to be part of drug runs or murders later down the road. Usually the people that hit and run are running to hide something or hide from some one (like the police). My Suburban was rear ended, and when it was all said and done they hauled the guy off to jail! :eek: I don't know what he did, but it wasn't a traffic violation.

I don't blame you - I would get the Bank's tapes as well.

4. Apr 4, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    [
    Go after them!

That is what I intend to do. Thanks! I will do it legally, but I will not let it rest. Deductible No. 1 = $500.00, Deductible No. 2 = $500.00, Attorney = $1,000.00, Satisfaction = priceless!

Products Discussed in

To Top