Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No AAL for TSB Install

Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
surftodd is on a distinguished road

surftodd's Tacoma Gallery
No AAL for TSB Install

I spoke with someone at Toyco about their rear lift(AAL) on a tacoma with a TSB complete and they said that you can't use it. They told me I had to use blocks... They seem to know their stuff..

Has any one managed to use the AAL with the TSB though...

Also, has anyone thought of spot welding the block lift to the Diff Axel to help avoid the axel wrap???
Old 03-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
I had the TSB done and had heard the same thing, I ended up going with a 1" block. I do not believe that welding it will help with the wrap issue though. I went with this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ee-mods-5.html

It seems to help a bit. I would say that for a lot of lift, go with a different leaf pack.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I think most blocks are aluminum. So you'd have to weld aluminum to steel.

And like mentioned above, it wouldn't help axle wrap. That isn't caused by the block moving, it's caused by the axle twisting against the leaf springs. A block gives the axle a long lever to torque against the leafs without stiffening them up like an AAL does. Just like adding a pipe to a wrench to break a bolt loose.