Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Yet another Fog Light Relay Question.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.
400lbGorilla is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: OS
Name: T-LAM
400lbGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Yet another Fog Light Relay Question.

Okay, I've searched and searched. I have a '09 Base Double Cab 4X4 built in Cali. I found my truck is prewired for most upgrades, I've already installed Cruise Control, and now I'm working on the foglights. I have the lights, the pre-ran wires, and the OEM switch. Now my confusion is what most are calling the relay, is this the fusible link in the fuse box? Or am I missing something? The 120 amp fuse needed to power the fogs? is the the relay everyone speaks of? I now have the fusible link but no way to secure it, because you need a small bolt that goes thru the bottom of the fuse. So once I find a bolt, and plug this fusible link in; am I good? The only answers I find are ...."Oh, yeah all you need is to plug in lights, switch and relay" Noone bothers to tell what relay or supply pics? the fusible link? and it doesn't just snap in, you need a special bolt.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.
400lbGorilla is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: OS
Name: T-LAM
400lbGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, long time reader first time post, so yep, this is how I pop my cherry. With another foglight question.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
well on my 09 my relay is installed behind the fuse block with the cigaret lighter relay by the coin holder draw thing
hope that helps