Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fuel injector cleaner

Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
JONNY TACO will become famous soon enoughJONNY TACO will become famous soon enough
JONNY TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel injector cleaner

What brand fuel injector cleaner do you use and how often do You use it ?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
STP, i use it not often but my truck is do for another shot of it
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
i don't use it!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONNY TACO View Post
What brand fuel injector cleaner do you use and how often do You use it ?
This has been talked about many times on the forum, I would suggest using the search function and you will find many suggestions.

I use Chevron Techron system cleaner about every 8,000-10,000 miles. Many people have also suggested using Seafoam cleaner, but I wouldn't suggest using it when your car is below 80,000-100,000 miles. I plan on using it when I get to 80,000 miles. Hope that helps.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
BG 44K its kinda expensive, but damn it works
Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
This has been talked about many times on the forum, I would suggest using the search function and you will find many suggestions.

I use Chevron Techron system cleaner about every 8,000-10,000 miles. Many people have also suggested using Seafoam cleaner, but I wouldn't suggest using it when your car is below 80,000-100,000 miles. I plan on using it when I get to 80,000 miles. Hope that helps.

Yup, Techron is good stuff. I use it roughly every oil change or so. 5k miles.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post

just use good gas and u won't need it! all chevron gas has techron in it!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Not everyone has chevron.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Dirty Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Not everyone has chevron.

Dang i'm sorry bro! techron is an excellent additive! i guess i just assumed it was available everywhere? thats what i would use too if it wasnt already in my gas!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Because I use Costco fuel.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
BG 44K its kinda expensive, but damn it works

I have used BG-44K and is good stuff .. (very strong though).
What does it really do to O2 sensors ???

Sea Foam is another good one .. (strong also).

I like to use Chevron Techron (a little weaker stuff) on a regular basis. About every 10,000 miles (mostly city driving).

Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
coldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to behold
coldcanuk's Tacoma Gallery
Can't get Techron up here, but I've always heard it's good stuff.

This is great stuff, I put in at each oil change:

Amsoil API

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_ADM%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel injector cleaner-api_bottle_300pxh.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
Dirty Trucker

i use amsoil 0w-30 but ive never tried the injector cleaner! i would bet its good though!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I used a small bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment about six weeks ago after an oil change. I liked the results but I am going to give the Techron a whirl next time.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
Dirty Trucker

yeah lucas makes good stuff too! i used there stuff in my freightliner
Old 01-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #17
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
i use stp approx every 3-5k
Old 01-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #18
williegator will become famous soon enough

Navy:
williegator's Tacoma Gallery
What BAKO said....
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
Scott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
Scott K's Tacoma Gallery
I use Amsoil Performance Improver. And I can say it does make a difference.