Notices

TSB T-SB-0305-08 Revision 2 includes 2009 and 2010

Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Got Tacoma will become famous soon enough
Name: Gila
Got Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery

I have a 2010 Double Cab 4 x 4 TRD Tacoma. I called the dealer last week and they approved changing my rear leaf springs over the phone. I had them installed Monday. The new TSB includes 2009 and 2010. It is the same number as the old TSB T-SB-0305-08 but it is the second revision. The new springs raised the rear about 1.5 inches or to the height the truck was when it was brand new. I have 250 miles on the springs now with little or no settling yet. My Tacoma was bottoming with no additional weight in the truck going over convex depressions in the road that are perpendicular to the direction you are driving. I think they are drainage areas to collect the water from the road. The new springs are great. The ride is not harsher. The ride is stiffer and the spring does not collapse and the rubber bumpers do not hit on the frame. In my opinion it rides the way it should have rode if Toyota had put the proper springs on from the factory. It now rides like a truck not an like old 60's or 70's Cadillac!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Toph151 is on a distinguished road
Toph151's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have the revised TSB? Would like to have the AMMO when approach the Stealership...
Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
They did my 2009 a couple of months ago. The service manger said they were updating it to include the new models but I don't know if it's official yet.

My tail end was lifted quite a bit too. I didn't measure before and after in the rear but I have 2.25" of lift up front and that TSB has my truck sitting dead level with no AAL or blocks. I would guess it got me 1 to 1.5" also.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
This is good to hear. I had the TSB springs put in last year on my '09. After exactly 4 months of 450+ miles of wheeling and 3500 miles the truck rear height is still approximately 1" higher than pre-TSB height.

Thanks for posting. +Reps sent.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph151 View Post
Does anyone have the revised TSB? Would like to have the AMMO when approach the Stealership...
Here you go man good luck! BTW what dealer are you taking it to?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-SB-0305-08.pdf (2.37 MB, 4472 views)
Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Toph151 is on a distinguished road
Toph151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post

Lakewood Toyota, possibley. Just sent them an email with the TSB numbers for this and the transmission. Thanks for the link.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Thanks Homer J...needed that for a friend
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I stopped by my dealership yesterday and told them i was having this issue, had TSB in hand. They told me that i would have to prove that i was having this issue by loading the truck up and having a service tech drive it around, not having 900# of
anything laying around i went home after they refused to even look at it.

I was under the impression that if im having the issue and there is a TSB they are required to do it. Any thoughts?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph151 View Post
Lakewood Toyota, possibley. Just sent them an email with the TSB numbers for this and the transmission. Thanks for the link.
I think their service dept is pretty good, just stay away from Gateway I have heard horror stories about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Thanks Homer J...needed that for a friend
No problem man!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
I called the Toyota 1-800 number and they told me there are no TSBs on my 2010 Sr5 4x4.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
whitedawg09 is on a distinguished road
whitedawg09's Tacoma Gallery
Does this TSB apply for the 2009 Access Cab, Automatic, 4 cyl with 15 inch wheels?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you read the link above you'll find out that it applies to 4x4 and prerunners only( ac or dc)
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
whitedawg09 is on a distinguished road
whitedawg09's Tacoma Gallery
Oh...ok thanks Geo
Old 03-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
twistax will become famous soon enough

twistax's Tacoma Gallery
This only applies to the 4x4? I guess i dont understand whats going on here LOL

I went to the Toyota website and didnt see a Spring update recall??????
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #17
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistax View Post
This only applies to the 4x4? I guess i dont understand whats going on here LOL

I went to the Toyota website and didnt see a Spring update recall??????
it's not a recall...just a technical service bulletin. if your 2010 is an access cab or double cab 4x4 or prerunner then it applies to you I believe.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #18
06yoter is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
06yoter's Tacoma Gallery
my 2006

does this apply or do they have a recall similar to this for my 2006 prerunner? because mine is doing about the same thing. not to mention you can hear them squeaking over my dt headers and flowmaster exhaust.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #19
TacoRocco is on a distinguished road
Army: Armor
TacoRocco's Tacoma Gallery
Ken Sergant Toyota in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada did my 2009 Taco O/R after a couple of emails and a phone call complaining of soft ride on back roads.

So I was happy about that. Ride is super awesome right now especially when I load a quad or snowmachine in the back.

---
Where I wasn't happy was where they said they could rotate my tires because the tires were coming off for the TSB work. But, when it came time to pay they tried to charge me 80 bucks to rotate. Then they lied to me saying they didn't take off the rear tires to do the TSB. In the end they charged me 40 bucks for rotating tires as they had to take off the front ones.

Never going back to that (s)dealer.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #20
BAMATAC10 is on a distinguished road
BAMATAC10's Tacoma Gallery
re

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedawg09 View Post
Does this TSB apply for the 2009 Access Cab, Automatic, 4 cyl with 15 inch wheels?

Thanks
NOTE
The 2009 – 2010 model year non-TRD Option Package Truck is already equipped with updated
shock absorbers and bump stops. Do NOT replace the shock absorbers or bump stops.