Bilstein 5100 Series Update '05-'10

Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
captain72 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Chief Boatswains Mate
captain72's Tacoma Gallery
Need set (4) for '10 DC PM'd you. Thanx
Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #43
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent BACK
Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #44
Luke Jackson is on a distinguished road
Luke Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #45
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PM Sent Back
Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #47
Downsouth Motorsport

Goin Deep..Got it...
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #48
Downsouth Motorsport

Update as of 1-26-10

Good evening,

Spoke to RCD this morning and I figured I would get the news to you as soon as possible to keep all of you in the loop as much as possible..
Per Bilstein relaying it to RCD and then to DSM..
The shocks have left Hamilton Ohio and are on there way to the west coast..They are supposed to be here by Friday and we should hopefully be able to pick them up on Monday and start shipping them out....

Thank you to everyone for your patients...

Have a Good one...

Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Good morning,

I just got off the phone with RCD and I figured I would let everyone know the latest ETA per RCD and Bilstein.

The 5100 Series Shocks are done at Bilstein...Thank God...
They are supposed to be shipped by the end of next week and figure 5 days transit time and that means we should have them at the end of this Month (January).
Better late then never I suppose....Pretty funny if you think about it...
Bilstein running out of an "A" mover shock,they are probably still upset about me selling them to all of the forum members to cheap..HA,HA,HA...
Anyway by the grace of god and all that is holly we should have them at the end of this month....

Thank you to all of you for your patients....

Now off to the Gen 1 forum.....They are not going to be happy...
Looks like sometime in March for them..

As always "Thank you" to everyone out there for your business and patients..

Sonny
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #49
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Do the bilsteins ride better than Icon coilovers? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #50
Downsouth Motorsport

Good evening,
Bilstein is an entry level Pre-load adjustable shock and ICON is a full complete
replacement coilover...
ICON makes a good product....
As for ride that would depend on what type of driving and what you plan to do with the vehicle?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #51
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes the bilsteins would ride better on the street and over small bumps, but for big bumps and rough stuff the Icons will prevail.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 AM   #52
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #53
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Good evening,
Bilstein is an entry level Pre-load adjustable shock and ICON is a full complete
replacement coilover...
ICON makes a good product....
As for ride that would depend on what type of driving and what you plan to do with the vehicle?
Turns out I'm 90% on pavement and my DR shocks are a bit rough so I'm looking to other options. Looks like the Bilsteins would give me a better ride for my driving habits. Agree? Would I need to purchase OEM springs? Sold my set when I got the coilovers.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #54
Chopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marco
Chopn8r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good evening,

Spoke to RCD this morning and I figured I would get the news to you as soon as possible to keep all of you in the loop as much as possible..
Per Bilstein relaying it to RCD and then to DSM..
The shocks have left Hamilton Ohio and are on there way to the west coast..They are supposed to be here by Friday and we should hopefully be able to pick them up on Monday and start shipping them out....

Thank you to everyone for your patients...

Have a Good one...

Sonny
Good morning TW!!

I just wanted to share some info. Some of you have already contacted us to get your back ordered shocks shipped out. Problem is we don't have them just yet. We're not contacting anyone until they are in our hands. That way there's no let downs. If you've already given us your name for "The list", I will be contacting you as soon as they hit our warehouse floor. It will likely take me a couple of days to get back to everyone, but I will get to all of you. We did order enough to cover the current back orders we have, so you should all be good to go!

Thank you to all you guys for the support and we truly appreciate the business!

Have a great day.

Marco
Old 01-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #55
Chopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopn8r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marco
Chopn8r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanNinja View Post
Turns out I'm 90% on pavement and my DR shocks are a bit rough so I'm looking to other options. Looks like the Bilsteins would give me a better ride for my driving habits. Agree? Would I need to purchase OEM springs? Sold my set when I got the coilovers.
I wouldn't get rid of your DR coil overs. One of the benefits of a fully rebuildable/serviceable shock, is that you can re-valve them. I'd contact the guys at Icon and see if they can re-valve them for a softer street ride. But you will need some stocks to put on your truck in the mean time. Unless you can leave it parked on jack stands for a few days.

If you do decide to get the 5100's, then yes you'll need stock springs and top plates....
Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #56
Got it. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #57
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 PM   #59
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I sold my Icons because they were too stiff for street driving as well. When I called up Icon to revalve them, they said that they could not make them much softer than they came and I probably would not get the results I was looking for.
I kinda liked the way my OME 882s were with the OME shocks on my first gen taco. I did and OME with 885s and OME shocks on my 2nd gen and they were even stiffer than the Icons. Now I have eibachs with TRD bilsteins and they ride nice, but I think I over did it with the softness and now I want 5100s, lol.

In other words, free bump for DSM, LOL.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #60
Downsouth Motorsport

Good morning,
I ran the ICON's on my FJ and they were a little stiff but they worked well off road.
I am curious who you spoke to at ICON?
I would like to present a proposition to all of you...
I think we should open a set of ICON's for the Gen "2" and see if there is a way to change the valving and see if we can make it softer...
Also I assume the spring rates on the ICON's are 500 to 550 lb. range?
Jeremy at ICON if you are out there in the land of Cyberspace...
Call me....I think we can see what we can do to help these guys out if they
have an issue with Valving and I am more the willing to open one up and give
everyone some feedback....
Everyone, let me know what you think???
Thanks,
Sonny