Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Crate Engines

Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
lucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud of

Army: 13 Fox, FO.  3rd AD, 7th ID, 10th Mtn, 25th ID
lucky's Tacoma Gallery
Crate Engines

Anyone have any vendors they would recommend for buying a rebuilt 4.0? Jasper doesnt offer it. Found a place online called Precision Engines out of Houston. $2300 for long block. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'll share the story about why a new engine is on my shopping list a little later.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
That doesn't seem too bad for a long block. You could probably have a shop rebuild yours for maybe a grand less than that if your block is good as I am assuming you're doing the labor on the uninstall/install.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
lucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud oflucky has much to be proud of

lucky's Tacoma Gallery
...and the reason I was asking about crate engines....

See post titled - Sounds like a bad pulley - wish it was

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lley-wish.html
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
I see used engines show up on CL around here from time to time. I would go that route.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
You can try http://alltoyotatrucksuvparts.com/
Old 02-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #6

lucky's Tacoma Gallery
The place I ended up going with is called lowmileageengines.com.

I bought a 1GRFE from a totaled 2009 PreRunner with 1200 miles on the odo. They provide a carfax of the vehicle and warranty the motor for 1 yr, unlimited miles. I paid $3K. Price includes 2-4 day shipping to my house. No tax. Smoking deal compared to the junk I was finding around south texas. I'll be taking pictures of my swap. Pulling the current engine starts this weekend.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
The place I ended up going with is called lowmileageengines.com.

I bought a 1GRFE from a totaled 2009 PreRunner with 1200 miles on the odo. They provide a carfax of the vehicle and warranty the motor for 1 yr, unlimited miles. I paid $3K. Price includes 2-4 day shipping to my house. No tax. Smoking deal compared to the junk I was finding around south texas. I'll be taking pictures of my swap. Pulling the current engine starts this weekend.
Wow, that DOES sound good!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Wow, that DOES sound good!
x2,good luck on the install.i like your name too.lucky.lol.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #9

lucky's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is interested, I'll be selling my current engine. I figure the long block is easily worth $1K since a rebuilt 1GRFE sells for $2500 and up. I'll be removing it from the truck this weekend.