Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blue Sea aux fuse block install

Old 02-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #41
cvisinho is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cvisinho's Tacoma Gallery
Ha, I just ordered one of these the other day(the smaller version though). They are great, I had one in both of my wranglers for aux lighting.

You have a nice setup, solid work.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #42
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kellon
tooblutacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the comments. The panel design is slowly evolving and becoming a little more streamlined than my prototype (see for sale thread progress here:custom auxiliary fuse panel FS thread)

Just to update... I have had mine installed for over 3 years without a single electrical problem or failure of the components. I really like the Blue Sea stuff, it handles some abuse. The mount is still in excellent condition along with the powder coating.

There should be some other installs floating around out there but I think the guys/gals are just too shy to post pics...
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #43
cvisinho is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cvisinho's Tacoma Gallery
Having a mounting plate fabbed up out of .080 aluminum today at work for test fitting. Just a rectangle that will mount in the same bolt holes on the side.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #44
Dubs Chops is on a distinguished road
Dubs Chops's Tacoma Gallery
is this powered all the time or ignition switched?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #45
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fuse box is powered all the time just like the battery but all accessories are switched.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #46
youngblood is on a distinguished road
youngblood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblutacoma06 View Post
Let me know what you think!
Sweet setup! Question: Did you make your own wires? I like the protectors and colors. Nice. Did you purchase a kit? Any resource links you can throw our way?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 08-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #47
rigmasterk is on a distinguished road
Army: Instructor / Grunt
rigmasterk's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know what size bolts that are used to secure the mount to the trucks factory screw slots?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #48
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigmasterk View Post
anyone know what size bolts that are used to secure the mount to the trucks factory screw slots?
M8x1.25 I am pretty sure.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #49
rigmasterk is on a distinguished road
Army: Instructor / Grunt
rigmasterk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
Awesome thanks! My shitty bracket ive had installed is gonna get replaced as soon as the budget says Im good.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #50
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Cool that Buddy!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #51
Sorry for the really late responses guys. I've been MIA lately with business and family trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Sweet setup! Question: Did you make your own wires? I like the protectors and colors. Nice. Did you purchase a kit? Any resource links you can throw our way?

Thanks,
Tim
Thanks! I did put together my own wires. The wire is 4 AWG Lightning Audio and the covering is called expandable sleeving. I crimped on the terminals and used heat-shrink tubing over the ends. Keep in mind that adding the expandable mesh will make the wire less flexible, if that would be a problem for you. It gives a much nicer look than ole wire loom though.

I didn't buy a kit, just bought individual components online, mostly eBay. Waytek Wire (waytekwire.com) and Parts Express are good sources for other miscellaneous wiring stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
That is correct
Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #52
ConnorBryan is on a distinguished road
EMS:
ConnorBryan's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone installed a master switch to the block that can be accessed in the cab. Idk if that would be redundant because of the switches on your components but it's an idea I had, any thoughts?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #53
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #54
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorBryan View Post
Has anyone installed a master switch to the block that can be accessed in the cab. Idk if that would be redundant because of the switches on your components but it's an idea I had, any thoughts?
You could get one of the blue sea isolators/ battery switch. They have a charging relay for dual batterys and then they have a battery shut off solenoid.

Ahhh, here it is. Remote Battery Switch PN 7700 http://www.bluesea.com/products/7700..._-_12V_DC_500A

I was looking at these. Thinking of putting one in and then installing the switch under the dash or next to the hood latch release or something. Out of the way for emergency or maintenance use only.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #56
CQB 1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
CQB 1911's Tacoma Gallery
CAD file

I drew this up in Visio then converted it to a CAD .dwg file. I sent this to a local fab shop and they cut and bent the bracket for me. 50 bucks. It fits my 2010 with ATRAC.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4x4 OR aux fuse panel bracket.zip (60.5 KB, 14 views)