1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Antenna install questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LouD72, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Jan 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    LouD72

LouD72 [OP] Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD Dbl Cab
    I recently purchased a Toyota OEM XM antenna (pn: 86960-02010-BO), beleive that pn was inetended for a Corola but looks close enough to the ones installed on the 09-10's Taco's. Only piece I'm trying to figure out now is what to do about the antenna run. I know I always have the option of splicing in another cable and running that to the XM receiver but I'd like to use the connector on the antenna if at all possible. I was looking at the LEXUS LS/IS cable from MyRadioStore but wanted to know any if any one has any idea as to if the will match the fakra connector currently on the OEM antenna.

2. Jan 16, 2010 at 3:57 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welome to the site bud. I'm sure our members will be able to help you out with your question.

3. Jan 16, 2010 at 4:09 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
  4. Jan 16, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I installed XM on my taco, but without knowing what kind of connections you are talking about (specifically what the end of the corolla antenna looks like), I can't really help. Could you post up some pictures of what you are trying to do?

Also, do you already have the XM receiver? Is it a Toyota issue one (made by pioneer i think), or aftermarket?

5. Jan 27, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    LouD72

LouD72 [OP] Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD Dbl Cab
    Sorry for the delay in my reply, I've included photos of the connector.

As far as the radio the current plan is to install the AVN726E with the XM Direct receiver.

IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top