1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switching from synthetic back to conventional??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jreaka13, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    Jreaka13

Jreaka13 [OP] COLORADO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma extended bed Sport
    Everything that i have done so starting first with the shell, westin sportsman front grill,PIAA fog lights, westin rear light guards, dee-zee side steps, Nice upgradred rims and tires, dvd player,12 inch sub, Halo headlights, K&n Cold air intake, bed mat......
    My friend just bought a used car from this guy and was wondering if the rumors were true or not that once you change it to synthetic you cant go back. Me personally i would keep synthetic in it. Thats what i always have run in my engines. But this guy is cheap and doesnt want to spend the extra money!! Any ideas???

2. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    i heard with the way both are now, there isnt a problem switching back which is why i am running it and kinda seeing what happens with that or whatever. i dont know if ill switch back but a selling point was that i could. but thats what someone said, who heard it from someone, who also read it online somewhere (probably) so someone might chime in who knows better

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
  4. Jan 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    kilgoja

kilgoja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 regular cab 4x4 2.7L (silver)
    :mudding:
    why do they still make regular oils for cars?....just make all synthetic like mobil 1 does ....even though it has some regular base oils in it :)

Products Discussed in

To Top