Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have a headache rack?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a headache rack?

Planning on putting a lightbar on my truck eventually for the Fire Department. I don't want this thread to be all about the legality and safety of running lights and sirens, just headache racks.

Nobody makes a mounting kit specifically for tacomas as far as I know, so this is my only option, other than drilling a couple 1/2" holes in the roof for a stud mount setup.

Anyone have one? What brand? How is it holding up? Did you mount any lights on it?

I plan on mounting my strobe lightbar to it, looks something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8DcLs3tiP0
Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
http://backrack.ca/en-us/backrack.html
Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin407c View Post
I was looking at those. They look pretty nice, plenty of accessories. Anyone have one? I'd like to see other brands too, if there are any.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy is getting one fabbed up for his taco. its pretty beefy. the frame of it goes all around the bed and bolts into the lip of the bed.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I came up with some plans and had a rack custom built during a time when I didnt have access to the equipment to build it myself. Here are some pics. Its all Aluminum and uses the 4 (5?) bolts in the side of the bed that hold the tie down rails to secure.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
A guy on the Ranger-Forums that I am a member of has one of these.
http://protech.net/product.php?product_id=10005

Their website says that they will fit the Tacoma...
http://protech.net/fitchart.pdf

Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Those look pretty beefy. I Just might end up getting mine custom made. One of the guys on the FD does some metalwork/welding on the side. Just seeing what kind of designs are out there to choose from too.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
dave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
dave831's Tacoma Gallery
hey i have some pics of mine on my profile....its made by Toyota!!
jk
Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave831 View Post
hey i have some pics of mine on my profile....its made by Toyota!!
jk
yeah, well you need to learn how to rotate your pictures...
Old 01-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
dave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
dave831's Tacoma Gallery
lol i dont NEED to do any thing but yes next time i will try to rotate the pics for you
ps. thanks for all you do for this great country!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #11
mmmoore8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mmmoore8's Tacoma Gallery
how did you get the plastic rails off relentless? I tried real quick after work today and could only get one side to pry up