1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accidents

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Anthony999, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Mar 23, 2008 at 12:38 AM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    I got in my first accident today. I actually got really lucky, and theres only one big dent.

Anyone got any pics or stories about there accidents?

2.jpg

2. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    Sucks about the wreck but it doesn't look too bad and at least its driveable till you get it fixed. Hopefully you have rental car coverage through your insurance, I didn't before and it sucked.

My accident was actually kinda fun. I hydroplaned my BMW 328i into a concrete interstate divider at ~75 mph. The car hit the puddle and the rear came around like something from NASCAR, I almost made the full 180 when the rear corner nailed the wall. Cool that I was able to drive away. Sadly the car was never the same after the hit though.

[​IMG]

3. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    That sucks man, good to know your here to talk about it, I drive a lot for and come up on a few of fatal accidents, some you look at and you just know, and I remember one where it didn't look that bad and the emergency responders where bringing out the blankets to cover up the scene.

4. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:53 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    That sucks man...but... trucks can always be fixed or replaced. As long as you weren't hurt - that's the main concerns.

You wanna know about accidents? I've been in many little accidents that were never my fault. I'll explain the worse one.... It was in my Jeep, on the highway. Some azzhat stopped in the middle of the highway backing up traffic. I stopped but 4 cars behind me - didn't. I saw the accident start from in my rear-view mirror. Next thing I know...I'm waking up and the emergency crews are trying to pull me out.
    [​IMG]
    We bought the jeep back from the insurance company - here it sat in my garage for a long time till we stripped everything off it.
    [​IMG]

I think another jeep was 'airborne' and landed on that back corner. The tire carrier bent inwards and my seat went backwards. My head collided with the tire carrier and I had a skull fracture/concusion. I have two small titanium plates in my head now.

And to think....that could've been my 96 tacoma. I left it home that day.

NOTE: When you're driving around on the streets, try to avoid making short & sudden stops. People don't realize just how 'unsafe' that can be to everyone behind you. Anytime I'm in high traffic areas that suddenly come to a stop - I look in my rearview window and wonder what will happen behind me.

5. Mar 23, 2008 at 9:06 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Damn Janster that was nasty, I see that stuff too much during my travels, people doing really dangerous stuff not knowing what it can do. A couple months ago, a lady stopped in the middle of the road because the wind was blowing snow across it (I guess it was very hard to see) but... you have to keep going if only to find the shoulder, a 36 car pile up ensued and a student returning to her dorm was killed. She was banged up pretty bad but what makes this story even worse is by the time they could get all the cars removed by the crane, so froze to death, died because exposure, she could see and talk to the rescuers but time ran out on her. The person who caused the accident, walked away. :(

6. Mar 23, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Mine was similar to Janster (not nearly as bad, though) in that I was stopped but the drunk driving illegal alien that rear ended my truck didn't. He came along a few seconds after I actually stopped. That was in this current truck on 9/15/07 and truck was purchased on 8/16/07. Gotta love it. Damage wasn't too bad, only about $1100 which included a new bumper and some paint/body work to the tailgate. Not too bad, considering. No pics, though.

Second accident (yes, that's right, TWO) was 2/14/08 when I was leaving work and some idiot ran a stop sign and hit the pass. rear of the bumper. I stopped, he continued and scraped up the side of the bed. Damage isn't too severe, just needs some paint work and possibly ANOTHER bumper but I haven't gotten it fixed yet because I'm waiting on the other driver's insurance to pay (why should mine?). He has "a different story" according to his adjuster but the facts show it's his fault (he had a stop sign, I didn't, and I was 3/4 through the intersection when he hit me), not to mention I also have another driver as a witness.

Yup, the Tacoma has been through a lot in it's first 6 months with me, lol! But that's how it is around here; people drive like crap.

7. Mar 23, 2008 at 11:33 AM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    Ya, all that happened with mine was that im gonna have to pay to get it fixed, but nothing happeed to the other guys trucks, except one small scratch, so he said he didnt care. His tire Just nailed my corner. But I didnt get a ticke and insurance wasnt involved, so I was happy

8. Mar 23, 2008 at 3:06 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Anything can happen at anytime (unfortunately) and when God has your 'number' - that's just it. You try to wonder WHY and HOW - but...you can be driving along minding your own business and your life can be taken from you. I was lucky....

So - enjoy life while you can....enjoy and love & care for the poeple in your life.

I don't remember much about the accident (I was in & out the entire time). My husband dealt with the most heartache - getting the phone call - and sitting in the hospital waiting after my surgery. I praise God for him being a part of my life and I feel bad for what he had to go through. Life is precious... remember that! Take care of yourself and your loved ones!!

(sorry, it's easter and I had a few extra glasses of champagne :D)

9. Mar 23, 2008 at 4:33 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    wow, janster..Glad to see your ok now.

10. Mar 23, 2008 at 4:44 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    You're right in everything you've said.

11. Mar 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    One day of buffing, and pushing some dents out saved me a lot of money:D

2.jpg

12. Mar 23, 2008 at 7:56 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Wow Janster--I'm glad it all turned out okay and that you are well!

13. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:19 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Gang!
    That was back in Oct 1st, 2003 - I have no ill effects from it. Other than a few *metal plate* jokes I get from the guys at work.

That jeep was prestine too..only 45,000 miles on it. A damn shame. :D Glad it wasn't my tacoma.

14. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Gotta say it was an awesome Jeep!

15. Mar 24, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    And here they are two of the photos I got from my previous SUV, because of this and a long waiting period time I decided to get my current TACOMA. Hit by a Rig, he was getting out from his transportation company's yard and it took only about 30 ft of distance before hitting me and make me roll over a one full turn, the truck was a total loss and thanks to God I got out free of any injuries, those seat belts are needed!, no air bag deployment and I was about 200 yards from my company's parking lot... you never know when and where (how far from your safe zone -home, job, church, relative's home-) you are going to be hit... and the worst from who!... small or BIG. Drive carefully and defensively.

2000 Explorer a.jpg

2000 Explorer b.jpg

16. Mar 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like you weren't hurt - which is good! That'd be enough to scare the livin bejesus out of you (or anyone). You're drivin along and WHAM!

17. Mar 24, 2008 at 1:28 PM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    Believe me you know it happened minutes after you can figure out what happened, during the accident you live it enough to think only about getting out alive. I know sometimes there is not enough time but again thank God first I was by myself on the SUV and there was no other Rig coming in front or against me. Use your seatbelt all the time (you can mod everything to avoid the sound warnings) do not think it twice.

18. Mar 24, 2008 at 7:49 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Amen to that!! Including offroad trips...anywhere and everywhere - wear your seatbelt.

Today, I was driving home from work and saw this big Ford Taurus wagon with 4 kids in it. They were small enough - that I would think they should be in safety seats. Two of the kids were in the rear wagon part (no seat belts) and the other two in the backseat with no seatbelts. I think the passenger (adult) was the only person wearing a seat belt.

I felt like driving beside her and grabbing my seatbelt to give her a hint. Then I wondered If I could report it to the police....but I kept on driving.

Ohhhh..there's a video online that everyone needs to see....(might be a repost)
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1417/no_seat_belt/
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fi5-iVb1YKA

19. Mar 24, 2008 at 8:53 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Scary videos, but ones everyone should see. Hubby hit the windshield (not wearing a seatbelt) when he was dating his girlfriend before me (we were friends at the time). He was lucky--the Yugo (yes, take a moment to laugh--it was his girlfriend's) flipped on its side, but he was okay except for the mess of cuts on his forehead from shattering the windsheild with his head. Scars lasted years, and he doesn't really scar--not to mention how many pieces of glass kept popping out every few months. A few months after we were married (and we dated for four years), he got what looked like a zit on the scarred spot and a day later he pulled out the last piece--a half-inch long shard of glass.

Products Discussed in

To Top