Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 Dbl Cab 4x4 rear lift w airbag? Heavy load, leveling.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
TacoMO has a spectacular aura aboutTacoMO has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeff
TacoMO's Tacoma Gallery
09 Dbl Cab 4x4 rear lift w airbag? Heavy load, leveling.

I know I have the terms wrong, but I am looking for a rear adjustable airbag for leveling the load.
Maybe I have this all wrong, but I am going to haul a fairly heavy (400 lb) motorcycle on a hitch mounted carrier. I have used it several times in the past for short trips with no problem.
I have a 1,000 mile trip planned for next month. (each way.)
Is there some type of lift or air controlled ride height adjusting device that is available?
I don't think it's good for the truck to ride with the back end sagging for 2,000 miles..
If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 01-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Have you had the rear leaf TSB performed? I would look into this before investing in an airbag system when the TSB would be performed under warranty and would only cost you your time.

I wouldn't be too concerned with hauling the Harley especially after having the TSB done.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i haul 2 dirtbikes roughly 525 pounds with 100 pounds of gear all over the place and i really dont sag. One time i did bottem out, but i was going close to 100 in a 45 zone. other then that i go about 300 miles on riding trips and i really dont see a problem, other then i cant burn out with them in there(even brake starting)
Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Have you had the rear leaf TSB performed? I would look into this before investing in an airbag system when the TSB would be performed under warranty and would only cost you your time.

I wouldn't be too concerned with hauling the Harley especially after having the TSB done.
x's 2 on the TSB...

I had the TSB done on my '09, and I haul my ATV with no issues, even offroad...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
slooowr6 is on a distinguished road
slooowr6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMO View Post
I know I have the terms wrong, but I am looking for a rear adjustable airbag for leveling the load.
Maybe I have this all wrong, but I am going to haul a fairly heavy (400 lb) motorcycle on a hitch mounted carrier. I have used it several times in the past for short trips with no problem.
I have a 1,000 mile trip planned for next month. (each way.)
Is there some type of lift or air controlled ride height adjusting device that is available?
I don't think it's good for the truck to ride with the back end sagging for 2,000 miles..
If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff
Take a look at Firestone Ride-Rite air bags, http://www.fsip.com/riderite/ . Easy to install and reasonable priced. I tried Air-Lift, the placement of the bag is not idea for really heavy load (1000lbs) in truck bed.