1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

second gear grabbing

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tig1, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    tig1

tig1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Saint John,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    n fabs,window visor tonneau ,bilstein 5100's all round.245/75R16Toyo A/T II
    I tried double clutch and no differance,the truck only had 25kms on it when I bought it but it had a few options on it all ready.I'm starting to think something happen from the factory to the dealer? January 30 it will be one year old with 10327kms. oh well!

later tig1:confused:

2. Jul 16, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    I had second gear grab on me since this was new last year and yesterday I switched the oil out to Redline MT90. I noticed some interesting things....

Currently at 9500 miles on the OD. The oil was not clear but a grey almost exactly like the bottle of metallic grey touch up paint I have). I expected to see tiny metallics in the pour but not throughout(there was nothing larger then grit). I had let it sit there for a few days before the drain. I was able to get a shop towel insde and pull out whatever was near the drain as well. After filling and test I noticed after a few shifts(ripped up the highway) things got a little better in second gear. This was not a night and day but it certianly does not grab like it used to.

I'm certian anything then what was in there would be better but I had similar results on a 5spd cherokee a few years back. Hopefully I will be able to get the truck into first come winter from now on...:rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top