Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota recall - another one

Old 01-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota recall - another one

Just heard on ABC news. 2.3m recall on Toyota. Sticking gas pedal. Said is is not related to floor mats. Had one guy coast into a dealership in neutral with his engine racing. Toyota fixed it and said it was a stuck accelator pedal. Showed 4 people that died in a Camray that flipped over in a pond. Floor mats were in the truck.
Anad the beat goes on...
Old 01-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke View Post
i just heard tonight to.said nothing of the tacomas though.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
i just heard tonight to.said nothing of the tacomas though.
You are correct. It was a press release today.

TORRANCE, Calif., January 21, 2010 -- Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc, today announced it would recall approximately 2.3 million vehicles to correct sticking accelerator pedals on specific Toyota Division models. This action is separate from the on-going recall of approximately 4.2 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles to reduce the risk of pedal entrapment by incorrect or out of place accessory floor mats. Approximately 1.7 million Toyota Division vehicles are subject to both separate recall actions.
http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/t...ry-102572.aspx

Tacoma's were not affected
Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
toyota

nothing said about Tacoma...but they did not list any automobiles affected.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just watched it on the tv, tacomas aren't included
Old 01-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
I hope effin' toyota goes down for this.. trying to downplay the issue and originally claiming it's only floor mats.. even a layman can see from reports that the mats along are not the cause of sudden acceleration.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
nothing said about Tacoma...but they did not list any automobiles affected.
Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

• 2009-2010 RAV4,
• 2009-2010 Corolla,
• 2009-2010 Matrix,
• 2005-2010 Avalon,
• 2007-2010 Camry,
• 2010 Highlander,
• 2007-2010 Tundra,
• 2008-2010 Sequoia
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #10

paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
toyota

I stand corrected. The news channel I was watching did not list the cars affected. Thanks Coke.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I got a letter in the mail that Tacoma's were included. They're going to start in April.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #12

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
I stand corrected. The news channel I was watching did not list the cars affected. Thanks Coke.
The news channels usually only get about 50% of the story right on any given day. The link to Toyota corps website spells it all out though. I'm glad our vehicles were not affected.

Thanks for your opening post.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke View Post
Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

• 2009-2010 RAV4,
• 2009-2010 Corolla,
• 2009-2010 Matrix,
• 2005-2010 Avalon,
• 2007-2010 Camry,
• 2010 Highlander,
• 2007-2010 Tundra,
• 2008-2010 Sequoia
yeap,thats what i saw.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #14
Plannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Plannerman99's Tacoma Gallery
Something similar happened to me on a fleet Crown Victoria (former cop car turned municipal errand mobile) as I was driving through an intersection some 10+ years ago. I stomped on the break and had to reach down to unstick the accelerator. Definitely scary experience.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #15
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
tacomas are affected in canada, got my recall notice to have my accelerator petal adjusted, or changed
Old 01-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
toyota is so fucked on this recall...

people getting into accident and dying... its killing their image BIG TIME!! I bet they have law suits too!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tammikm when did / how did you get your recall notice? I got my Taco used and have changed the ownership with Toyota and I haven't gotten anything.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #18
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
I got a letter in the mail that Tacoma's were included. They're going to start in April.
I got a letter as well saying Tacomas are included
Old 01-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
yikes !!! last few days when going on or off the accelerator I hear a spring like noise, like if you bounced a spring in a tin can sound....guess i should get that checked out asap
Old 01-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
when did u guys get this letter on the re-call?? i got mine back in like october or november about the mats, not the engine going off and doing their own thing...
far as i know... toyota is not recall tacoma on this engine problem!