1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

really simple question, need answer fast!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bearskill, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Refinancing truck. Trying to list all the options to get best value. Can I claim I have SR5 AND TRD Sport package? Isn't anything above SR5 have SR5? Or is SR5 and TRD options totaly seperate?

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Please. :eek:

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
  4. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    all sport options already ahve sr5.....so i'd list them both. you wont be lying.

5. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    +1. My 08 is an SR5, but not a TRD.

6. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    SWEET!!! Thats a diff of $685 bucks!!!

7. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    I dont think you can get a TRD w/o getting the sr5

8. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    i figure every 2nd gen taco is sr5. SR5 PreRunner. SR5 TRD Offroad. SR5 TRD Sport. atleast evey taco i have seen trd or prerunner has had the sr5 badges.

9. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Well, Im on Nada.com. Thats the web site banks use to get retail values to refinance vehicles. My bank was trying to low ball me. Got on the sight and SR5 and TRD Sport were two diff options. I want to get max value, yet at the same time don't wanna lie and get into shit down the road. Thanx for the quit responses! Time to got Fax this Nada thing to the bank!!! Oh, and if anyone read the "Holy California Tax Batman!!!" thread, Ya, they "F" ed up. I don't have to pay state tax twice. Even after I told them I bought the truck used two years ago and was now trying to refinance it, they were taking it as a new car loan. IDIOTS!!!!!! All sorted out now.

10. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    they are check boxes, and the site lets you check multiple items, not one or the other

11. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Glad they got that part straighten out. I'm interested that they are having you look up the value of the truck- They usually have the stuff to look that up for themselves.
    Best of luck with that tho!!

12. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Ya, that what I thought. When I first went in it was a USbank branch in Oregon. They asked me ALOT of questions about the truck. What options it had and what not. That branch valued my whip at $19,650. Well, it's two months later. I have the down for the loan and when I go to this USbank branch in Cali, they ask me like 5 questions and told me it was valued at $18,000. WTF? They didn't even ask me if it had cruze control or not. Or if it was Base, SR5, TRD, Sport, or Off Road. And on THEIR web site it makes a huge diff!!!! So the bank chick said I can get on the sight they use and list everything I got, and then fax it to them to see whats what. Ya, when THEY were using their site my truck was worth 18k. When I use the same sight ( and i didn't add anything I don't have ) it valued my truck at 19.8k!!!!! Woot wOOt!!!! So with that, they sent it back for another approval. Waiting for a phone call.

13. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    usually banks will only loan up to 85% of the nada value so your value at 19.8k. leaves a $2970 difference. Lets hope they treat you right with no hassle.

14. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    Kahunadave

Kahunadave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 DC PrernrTRD Sport
    K&N CAI-series 63, custom Billet Grille, Magnaflow exhaust, AR Tactic 17x8, Toyo A/T opencountry 265/70/17, Iridium plugs.
    Bank chicks don't know much about booking out vehicles...they usually have a Loan underwriting dept. that does that..PLUS i'm sure she doesn't drive a Taco!! Most banks here in the Southeast use Average value..not retail. Good luck w/the Refi..

dave
    "the bank guy"

15. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Well today she told me 100%. She even mentioned 115%, but I only want to barrow what I need. No more.

16. Jan 21, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    I love it when they do that. on a brand new vehicle then its mod money$$$

17. Jan 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Lol. Isn't that the truth! No, Im done modding. After my 60,000 warranty expires I'll get a Tom Woods, and maybe a cheap soft tonnue, But other than that Im done. Myself, $, and the truck has gotten me in trouble with the misses one to many times.

Products Discussed in

To Top