Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB List for 2005+ Toyota Tacoma

Old 11-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #561
White Tacoma 4X4
whitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud of

Name: Dan
whitetacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erad View Post
Does this tailgaite TSB -

(TSB: TSB-0033-11
Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL Summary : TOYOTA: THE TRAILER BRAKES WILL NOT RELEASE WHILE VEHICLE IS IN REVERSE. THERE IS A MISSING RELAY. 2010-2011 TACOMA. *RM)

affect the v6 tacos with the tow package? Is there a way to replace the missing relay without going through Toyota?
I had the same issue with my 2009 tacoma I had to unplug the trailer when backing up! I donít tow with may big trailers that have brakes so I didnít think to much about it? did you ever find out anything about this problem?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #562
tacomahq is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
tacomahq's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a list of some recent TSBs we've posted:

Heater/Air Conditioner Fan Speed TSB - http://www.tacomahq.com/1089/broken-...r-conditioner/

Strange Heater/Air Conditioner Fan Noise TSB - http://www.tacomahq.com/1058/toyota-...fan-noise-tsb/

"Burnt" or distorted daytime running light lenses TSB - http://www.tacomahq.com/1040/tacoma-...ht-lenses-tsb/

All of these TSBs have been released in the last couple of months. You can visit http://www.tacomahq.com/category/tac...alls-and-tsbs/ to check for new TSBs...we usually get them written up within a month of release.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #563
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Getting the rear leaf TSB work completed tomorrow morning.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #564
bgigacz is on a distinguished road
Army: Warrant Officer, Armour School
Name: Bill
bgigacz's Tacoma Gallery
My blower used to do that to. I had it replaced by the dealer and then a year later same noise. I ended up taking it out myself, only a few screws hold it in. Took the brushes out, cleaned them with some brake cleaner, put some electric motor oil on the bushing and put it back in. Less then ten min to do and I haven't had any noise in two years.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #565
mhagie is on a distinguished road
Name: Merle
mhagie's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea when the 2012 will be included on the spring TSB?
Just bought mine and sure enough it has the 3 leaf springs.
Haven't loaded it down yet will soon.
Merle
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #566
Goatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dillon
Goatus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagie View Post
Merle

I would also like to know. TRD OR has 3, Sport has 4. Not sure why
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #567
jkcb2011 is on a distinguished road
Army: Canadian Army
jkcb2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgigacz View Post
My blower used to do that to. I had it replaced by the dealer and then a year later same noise. I ended up taking it out myself, only a few screws hold it in. Took the brushes out, cleaned them with some brake cleaner, put some electric motor oil on the bushing and put it back in. Less then ten min to do and I haven't had any noise in two years.
Since I am on my third motor in a year, I will do the same thing next time it happens.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #568
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
My blower motor ticks til i take it to the dealer, then it stops, how does it know?
mine just started doing this the other day. annoying.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #569
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagie View Post
Merle
When I was having my melted headlights replaced I checked out a non-TRD 4WD PreRunner DC on the showroom floor. It had 4.

And they are still using those crappy Dunlops.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #570
mhagie's Tacoma Gallery
On second thought just what procedure is used in the spring count?
My Tacoma Sport has Three arched leaves and one litte short flat one at the bottom.
Is that considered three or four leaf?
If four leafs that means Toyota applied the TSB to all Sport models but it sounds like not the OR?

Merle
Old 01-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #571
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On second thought just what procedure is used in the spring count?
My Tacoma Sport has Three arched leaves and one litte short flat one at the bottom.
Is that considered three or four leaf?
If four leafs that means Toyota applied the TSB to all Sport models but it sounds like not the OR?
Yes, you are correct. It seems the consensus so far is that '12 TRD Sports get a four leaf pack and the TRD OR comes with a three leaf pack.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #572
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a 2012 double cab 4x4 V6 with the SR5 package and this is what the leaf pack look like on mine.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #573
GMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to all

GMRtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
I just got a 2012 double cab 4x4 V6 with the SR5 package and this is what the leaf pack look like on mine.

That's the upgraded leaf pack for sure! Wish mine had came with that!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #574
aw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to behold
aw113sgte's Tacoma Gallery
The OR has 2 leaf+overload because you will get more flex with a lower spring rate. All you people "upgrading" are likely loosing some offroad performance while gaining load carrying capacity.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #575
mhagie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post

Yep that exactly like mine.
Finally they did it right.
Merle
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #576
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a local dealer and was told that my 2009 was outside of the warranty period by 3-months and that they would check with Corporate to see if that there was anything that they could do to help. I got a call Friday (13th) and was told that Toyota would credit me $500 towards the replacement of the springs. Also, that the projected cost of the complete spring replacement was $2000.

Since the trouble only happens with a "light" load of a few (500lbs) I think that I'll go with these (http://www.**************.com/index....oducts_id=5721) I've had them on another truck and they work really well and the most that I'll have to pay for them is $80.

Ray
Old 01-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #577
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Robb View Post
Does the Leaf TSB fix lift the rear end up at all?
Yes, I can't remember by how much though.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #578
D.Robb is on a distinguished road

Name: D-Robb
D.Robb's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!!.....Found out some info on another thread.....They say 1-1.5 inches of lift with the fix
Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #579
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Posted elsewhere - tonight my blower motor was replaced for TSB "T-SB-0162-11"
Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #580
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
My husband's 2009 47k JUST developed the clutch squeak. He looked at me and said, wide-eyed, what the HELL is that? I just started laughing. Dear god, it is such an annoying sound. My answer was to turn up the stereo since our Round Rock dealership won't touch anything after factory.....

unless.....

What part makes it squeak? Is it something.... swap-able?

I got 3 months left on my factory, let's make that bad-boy amount to something, right?
All the Austin area Toyota dealers suck. I did finally buy a Tacoma from Round Rock when they gave it to me for about 2200 under invoice, but I hated dealing with them. That last of the 1st gens got rear-ended, though. I always called Jeff Hunter in Waco, offered 500 over invoice, drove up there and was in and out in 30 minutes. I now live in Missouri and have to start the dealer search all over again.

BTW folks, if your Toyota is a little past warranty and the dealer won't help you, a constructive email to Jim Lentz (Jim_Lentz@toyota.com) may get you some goodwill and excellent service. Just tell your story and why you think they should fix your vehicle, and then threaten to buy a Ford next time. I've bought 9 new Toyotas (2 were replacements for totaled vehicles, but they still count), so maybe I have a little leverage. If the dealer gives you any crap, it is worth a shot if you have a legitimate complaint. The dealer here in Missouri treats me a little nicer now.