Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB List for 2005+ Toyota Tacoma

Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #721
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine in Friday, explained that when I have the bed loaded with heavy cargo that the drive and ride is very harsh and uneasy especially when I go over bumps, and also that it feels like it sags. 20 minutes later, the service rep came out and said they were going to order a new rear spring set for me.

I didn't mention the tsb because I was still in play-dumb mode, so i didnt ask if they were going to give me the 3+1 tsb spring cause I'm just still the uninformed customer to that dealer.

Edit--Done! What a painless experience and I got to use a free loaner for a day.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #722
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone upload the T-SB-0250-12 pdf?

I only found the T-SB-0249-12 and my VIN is not there! thanks!!! or is it the same???
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #724
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshio View Post
So, noob question; will a dealer replace parts effected by TSBs if the vehicle is out of warranty? How is a TSB different from a recall? Just some parts could be effected?
Has to be under warranty. A tsb is basically for the techs to be aware of a potential problem. It's not a recall but they may fix a problem if it pertains to it. It's a judgement on their part but does have to be under the 3/36 warranty.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #725
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #726
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Well, today I took my truck to the dealership...

Not so good news for Tacos in Mexico... They told me that they only have one TSB for Mexican Market: the one of the clock spring...

So, with that in hand, I printed the TSBs that apply to: Abnormal Blower Motor Noice (T-SB-0162-11), Rear spring Harsh ride (T-SB-0359-10), Steering Intermediate Shaft Rattle Noise(T-SB-0057-12), Tacoma Driveline Vibration Between 15mph-25mph (T-SB-0249-12)

And with my VIN number I politely asked them to solve the problem, they made a research but found nothing!

I gave them a copy of everything and they will start an investigation with the corporate, lets hope they accept it and ship everything!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 AM   #727
Rolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rolf
Rolf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So, noob question; will a dealer replace parts effected by TSBs if the vehicle is out of warranty? How is a TSB different from a recall? Just some parts could be effected?

Don't bother with the factory recall springs as they put on more junk springs, buy a set from deaver, nice custom 10 stack progressive cost around $1,000 delivered
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #728
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I tried when mine was only a couple days out of warranty and they wouldn't do it.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #729
Escape Artist
Tacomated is on a distinguished road
Name: Ted
Tacomated's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have an update on the TSB for the rear leaf springs for later models (2012, 2013)?

Just bought a 2013. I'm going Expo-lite with a shell, sleeping platform and camping gear. Read about the TSB here. Checked the rear leaves, only three. I'm concerned about sagging or bottoming out.

Can't afford to put on aftermarket springs right now.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #730
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
anyone had done or know of a TSB for the dash chipping on a 2012?? mines doing it and i know iv heard of another 12' on here doing it
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #731
ostroud18 is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired MSG
Name: Odis
ostroud18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Taco View Post
FYI - My experience wasnt too bad. I have a 2012, and even though the 2012 is technically not covered in this TSB, when I went to the dealer in Raleigh, NC, a service tech came out to talk to me, I explained that I wanted to get new rear leafs. He did the whole "rough ride" speach, and said if I'm sure I want it, no problem at all. Made an appointment, and had it done a week later free of charge. He was very familiar with the issue. He did make me purchase new U-bolts for him for my lift though. Only because they are an aftermarket part.
I have a 2012 DBCB TRD Off Road with the 2 plus 1 springs, went to dealer after installing a bed cover 100lbs and rear springs sag a little. Theymeasured said still within measurement.
What other information can you give the 2012 owners to go into a dealership for a better chance of getting new springs IE 3 plus 1 springs? Any policy you can quote or issue that can assist??
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #732
Escape Artist
Tacomated is on a distinguished road
Name: Ted
Tacomated's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Doesn't Seem to Care

Got my shell on (Leer 122 w/ headliner, 12v power block, Thule Rack, etc). Estimated weight: 180 lbs. Rear sagged an inch.

Put in my very lightweight sleeping platform (1/2" ply supported by the molded in rails at the edges and a 6' 1x8 on top of 3 RV step supports down the middle) plus my wife's required queen-sized 3" memory foam mattress topper (pretty heavy). Rear sagged another inch.

I'm afraid of what it'll do if I take it on a fire road with another 150 lbs (ice chest, propane tank, water, food, tent, awning) or so of gear. Plus, not looking for any bro-lean on my truck.

Contacted both Toyota Customer Relations and the dealership, pointing at the TSB. Basically, the dealer said it's up to corporate and Customer Relations at the 800 number said they'll do nothing until there's some sort of warrantable damage to the suspension system.

Dealer also said if I do anything to limit the sag (air bags, AAL) I void the warranty on the suspension.

I sent a letter (figured they might take me more seriously if I put it in writing) to Customer Relations and am hoping they'll offer some sort of solution.

I'm taking the truck up to the mountains to play in the snow in the next few days. It'll be interesting to see how it performs.

I've driven overloaded pickups before (delivering ships' stores on the Mississippi River) and they're squirrely and dangerous on relatively smooth roads. Mine doesn't feel overloaded now but 2" of sag with less than 300 lbs of load?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #733
cast71 is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
cast71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomated View Post
I've driven overloaded pickups before (delivering ships' stores on the Mississippi River) and they're squirrely and dangerous on relatively smooth roads. Mine doesn't feel overloaded now but 2" of sag with less than 300 lbs of load?
Thats all you have to say. The truck is overloaded with only 500 lbs in the back and is DANGEROUS!!!!!! It bounces uncontrollably and handles like crap around turns. do yourself a favor and don't even contact the 800 number. Email corparate relations directly and you'll be taken care of. The sad thing is, this isn't like you have to make it up. It actually does feel dangerous and handles like crap. Have fun in the snow, I know I have been. Good luck and take her easy;0)
Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #734
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the dealership yesterday and complained about the vibration and had them do the vibration TSB. They installed a dampener and then replaced the rear 3 leaf spring pack with another 3 leaf spring pack. I was under the impression the rear spring TSB was supposed to add a fourth leaf? 3+1? I'm confused
Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #735
coveylane is on a distinguished road

Name: Coveylane
coveylane's Tacoma Gallery
That's what they put on mine too. They said they were a beefed up set of three.
My truck sags with 6 cement blocks on. I think that was a con like I was told by another member at the time I had the work done.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #736
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Well I guess if its beefier than the original 3 leaf.. glad I don't haul or tow much. Appreciate the reply!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #737
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
I just found this thread on the forum how some of you are complaining about the lack of support on the bed. i did notice weight issue when i was traveling with friends camping. But until not i realise theres a fix to this, i have an 09 Trd sport with 48k and like some say about the leaf springs i do have 3 also. Is there an email i could contact corporate? i just called the 1800 number and they told me i don't have any recalls or i shouldn't have a problem. and told me if i think it has a problem to schedule an appointment =l dont seem right. So if theres someone could give an email info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #738
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
I took my truck into the dealer and told them I had a slipping clutch and that there was a TSB to resolve the issue. They checked it out for about 30 mins and came back and said they would fix it under TSB 0066-11.

They replaced:

Clutch Cover Assembly
Clutch Disk Assembly
Flywheel Sub-Assembly

Replacement parts are AISIN, NOT LUK! Truck feels like new, shifts better than it did when new. So far i am a happy camper.

They also replaced my Fan motor and that dreadful ticking is finally gone!

On a side note: When I dropped my truck off this morning I told my service guy I wanted to get the Rear Leaf Spring TSB done due to a harsh ride with the bed loaded. I told him that my rear end bounced and felt unsafe. Needless to say they ordered the rear springs no questions asked and they will be installed next week!

ROCK ON.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #739
WeberSarge is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Kevin
WeberSarge's Tacoma Gallery
My '08 goes in Monday for the trans mount TSB , shakes like an idiot from a dead stop . Guess I'd better toss some weight in it over the weekend and see if it sags it's butt , too from reading the list , wow .
Not bashing, but my '07 Dakota took over 1,800 in the bed once with a scrap load and handed it fine . Just about crapped when I got the weight ticket at the scale house...

I will say, despite anything the Taco is 4 times the vehicle .
Sarge
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #740
Hollywood218 is on a distinguished road

Army: Maint. Team Leader/Recovery NCO
Name: Alex
Hollywood218's Tacoma Gallery
Does the rear leaf TSB apply with the factory tow pkg.? 2013 D-cab TRD Off-Road Shortbox w/HD tow pkg. hauled a solid maple 6-pc. bedroom set with no sag, handled great...