Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB List for 2005+ Toyota Tacoma

Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #741
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood218 View Post
Does the rear leaf TSB apply with the factory tow pkg.? 2013 D-cab TRD Off-Road Shortbox w/HD tow pkg. hauled a solid maple 6-pc. bedroom set with no sag, handled great...
I don't think the '12 and '13 models are covered under the rear spring TSB yet. The tow package doesn't include different springs, so that wouldn't have any effect on the TSB if they ever update it to include newer models.

Starting in '12, the Sport and possibly some other models started coming with the TSB leaf pack. There are some indications that Toyota is claiming to have redesigned the Off Road leaf pack. I haven't heard any solid confirmation of that, either different part numbers or a side-by-side comparison of differences.

That said, I have loaded up my '12 TRD OR, and it didn't seem to sag as much as my '09 did before I did the TSB on it.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #742
WRATH OF ATREYU
Atreyus is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Atreyus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepo View Post
Can anyone upload the T-SB-0250-12 pdf?

I only found the T-SB-0249-12 and my VIN is not there! thanks!!! or is it the same???
I'm going through this one they are at the dealer now trying to replicate the issue...it's an annoying thing. Sometimes really harsh too, almost feels like someone hit me.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #743
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd so I can print this out later
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #744
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyus View Post
I'm going through this one they are at the dealer now trying to replicate the issue...it's an annoying thing. Sometimes really harsh too, almost feels like someone hit me.
They should just replace those for you. I took mine and said:

Harsh Ride
Sags and Bounces with a load
UNSAFE!

My dealer called me back later that day while my truck was getting the Clutch TSB and said - no problem, we ordered your new springs for you. I'm looking to get them on this week if the parts come in.

Good luck. Can't understand why dealers are giving people grief over this. Just tell them: "Do you want me to buy my next truck here or not!"
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #745
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
wish i could take my 05 in and tell them the previous owner didnt do the TSB for the springs
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #746
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got the Rear Leaf Spring TSB done today. . . HUGE Difference. Truck is alot tighter on the back end with less body roll in the corners.

Feels really good - Highly recommend to those interested. . .

Looked at a 2013 TRD Off Road at the dealer today and it had 2 leaf + Overload on the rear. A 2013 TRD Sport had the 3 leaf + Overload.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #747
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Got the Rear Leaf Spring TSB done today. . . HUGE Difference. Truck is alot tighter on the back end with less body roll in the corners.

Feels really good - Highly recommend to those interested. . .

Looked at a 2013 TRD Off Road at the dealer today and it had 2 leaf + Overload on the rear. A 2013 TRD Sport had the 3 leaf + Overload.
I'm lookin to trade in my 07 sport tsb for 13 offroad, I'll have to check
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #748
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

how much r u guys paying for this to be done?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
how much r u guys paying for this to be done?
Just Time.

Free Springs, Free Labor, Free Rental Car - Hell I didn't even put gas in the rental when I returned it cause I work like 4 miles from the dealer.

They even washed my truck for free today.

Oh and don't forget the free coffee.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #750

I'm not under warranty so I assume I would still have to pay for parts? plus labor?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #751
Rolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rolf
Rolf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvt0508 View Post
I'm not under warranty so I assume I would still have to pay for parts? plus labor?
If you are out of warranty just get Deaver Springs to make a custom set for you, they are WAY better, I got 10 stack progressive springs with the sliders between each spring custom built for my application, delivered to my door $800.00. Only issue is the rear end is riding about 2 inches higher now I need to get adjustible shocks for the front to level out the truck. if you are out of warranty you will pay over $1,000 for the springs and labor at Toyota for substandard 3 stack springs.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
If you are out of warranty just get Deaver Springs to make a custom set for you, they are WAY better, I got 10 stack progressive springs with the sliders between each spring custom built for my application, delivered to my door $800.00. Only issue is the rear end is riding about 2 inches higher now I need to get adjustible shocks for the front to level out the truck. if you are out of warranty you will pay over $1,000 for the springs and labor at Toyota for substandard 3 stack springs.
I agree, if you're out of warranty, get your springs done somewhere besides the dealer and don't buy stock Toyota springs.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #753

So I was lookin into getting..this sd truck springs.com
or getting this... http://www.truckspring.com/suspensio...springs/1.aspx
Old 03-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #754
UGAFAN is on a distinguished road

Name: George
UGAFAN's Tacoma Gallery
Any new advice on how to get this tsb done on a 2012? I've been to my dealer and contacted Toyota USA with no luck.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #755
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFAN View Post
Any new advice on how to get this tsb done on a 2012? I've been to my dealer and contacted Toyota USA with no luck.
Is there not another dealer you can try close by? I've said this before but I think it's the dealer, some seem to do it easily and some don't. If you're ever around here, try Mall of Georgia, they did mine with no problem and have done others on here too. I took a copy of the tsb with me also. I don't know if it helped to get it approved but the SA didn't know about it and it saved time as he started to search for it in the computer.

Go Dawgs!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #756
UGAFAN is on a distinguished road

Name: George
UGAFAN's Tacoma Gallery
There's another dealer close by, but I'm just getting lip service because the 2012's haven't been added to the tsb yet. Guess I'll just have to wait another couple months to see if it's updated or just AAL myself.

And definitely GO DAWGS!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #757
prerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
prerunner11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepo View Post
Can anyone upload the T-SB-0250-12 pdf?

I only found the T-SB-0249-12 and my VIN is not there! thanks!!! or is it the same???
The T-SB-0250-12 seems different than the T-SB-0249-12. If I take my foot off the gas completely after accelerating moderately I hear/feel the "clunk" in the rear. No vibration though.

I'd like to see the "T-SB-0250-12" pdf too.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #758
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Intermediate Shaft Rattle Noise

I am trying to remember. Wasnt there a TSB that fixed the steering wheel from shaking when going over a bunch of bumps on dirt. Is this the one for that or is there a different one?
If so, has anyone had it done? Is it someting easy the dealer can do?

http://contentm.mkt2319.com/lp/1443/...SB-0057-12.pdf
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #759
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
I am trying to remember. Wasnt there a TSB that fixed the steering wheel from shaking when going over a bunch of bumps on dirt. Is this the one for that or is there a different one?
If so, has anyone had it done? Is it someting easy the dealer can do?

http://contentm.mkt2319.com/lp/1443/...SB-0057-12.pdf
That one doesn't fix shaking, just the clunking that might occur. Nothing can fix the shaking, that is normal for any vehicle, but I assume you meant the clunking. If that is the case, this is the right one.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #760
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
That one doesn't fix shaking, just the clunking that might occur. Nothing can fix the shaking, that is normal for any vehicle, but I assume you meant the clunking. If that is the case, this is the right one.
I thought it would help fix the shudder in the wheel if you are going over washboard type bumps.