Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB List for 2005+ Toyota Tacoma

Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #761
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
I thought it would help fix the shudder in the wheel if you are going over washboard type bumps.
I have this TSB done, I don't think it has anything to do with wheel shudder. Only steering wheel / shaft related with a clink or rattle.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #762
UGAFAN is on a distinguished road

Name: George
UGAFAN's Tacoma Gallery
Found a way to get the 4 leaf TSB done if you have a 2012 or 2013 model with the 3 leaf pack. Took my truck in today for T-SB-0249-12 (driveline vibration), and I'll be getting my new 4 leaf pack tomorrow as part of the fix!

For those thinking I'm cheating the system, I really do have the driveline vibe. However, feeling lucky I can kill two birds with one stone! Hope this helps some of you guys.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #763
ostroud18 is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired MSG
Name: Odis
ostroud18's Tacoma Gallery
TSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFAN View Post
Found a way to get the 4 leaf TSB done if you have a 2012 or 2013 model with the 3 leaf pack. Took my truck in today for T-SB-0249-12 (driveline vibration), and I'll be getting my new 4 leaf pack tomorrow as part of the fix!

For those thinking I'm cheating the system, I really do have the driveline vibe. However, feeling lucky I can kill two birds with one stone! Hope this helps some of you guys.
Called Toyota dealer service. They said I needed to load the truck with weight for them to verify the problem. I assume you have the TRD off road package with 2 plus 1 leaf and getting the 3 plus 1 leaf. Can you provide more details on dealing with service to get the upgrade?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #764
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Just as a note, I have a 2012 DCSB TRD OR with the 3-leaf pack. I loaded about 750 pounds of flooring material in it a week ago. It was squatting some, but it rode just fine. Personally, I am going to stick to stock until time to upgrade tires and shocks, then go with aftermarket. I rarely drive it loaded like that.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #765
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Called the dealer today on TSB 0359 (rear suspension). They stated they only perform this TSB up to 3yr/36,000 miles, and since I have a 2007, I'm out of luck, unless I want to pay for it myself. They quoted $2900 to replace the leafs, front shocks, and do an alignment. I'm a bit curious why the front shocks need to be replaced; I don't think that was mentioned in the original TSB.

My original plan was to get the leaf added, and have them throw in 4 Billies and do the alignment as part of the TSB since they were at it anyway. Not so sure, now...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #766
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Was vibe at low speeds? I think I feel this as well. I only have 105 miles on odo
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #767
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
When my new 2013 Tacoma AC Turd Off-road is due for the 5000 mile oil
change, I will have it changed, and also submit the beast for T-SB-0249-12
Driveline Vibration between 15 - 25 MPH

I am having shudder/vibration on moderate to hard acceleration between 15-28mph
in the floor, seats, and steering wheel. Under easy accel no vibration. This is exactly
the TSB and I have some faith that the dealer can fix it. I will report results.

it'll be at least a month before I get this done
Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #768
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudRunner View Post
Called the dealer today on TSB 0359 (rear suspension). They stated they only perform this TSB up to 3yr/36,000 miles, and since I have a 2007, I'm out of luck, unless I want to pay for it myself. They quoted $2900 to replace the leafs, front shocks, and do an alignment. I'm a bit curious why the front shocks need to be replaced; I don't think that was mentioned in the original TSB.

My original plan was to get the leaf added, and have them throw in 4 Billies and do the alignment as part of the TSB since they were at it anyway. Not so sure, now...
Tell them to go F themselves! Christ you can get a full OME 3" Lift and NEW UCA's bought and completely installed for LESS than That!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #769
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

in the floor, seats, and steering wheel. Under easy accel no vibration. This is exactly
the TSB and I have some faith that the dealer can fix it. I will report results.

I am taking my 11 in later today to have them look at it. I am at 37K but the drivetrain should be longer right? Hope they will work with me. I have the vibration from 10-30, just noticed it a week or so ago so I am not sure. we will see
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #770
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Tell them to go F themselves! Christ you can get a full OME 3" Lift and NEW UCA's bought and completely installed for LESS than That!
More or less, yeah. Not sure where they were pulling their info from, but they've definitely pushed me into reading more HOW TO threads here on TW!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #771
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8bao View Post
I am taking my 11 in later today to have them look at it. I am at 37K but the drivetrain should be longer right? Hope they will work with me. I have the vibration from 10-30, just noticed it a week or so ago so I am not sure. we will see
Found it to be a bad u-joint. The middle u-joint right by the carrier wouldn't take any grease. And when he disconnected it from the axle it wouldn't pivot at all. They replaced it and now all is right again
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #772
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

update. as a test I set ubolts to 80. vibe problem is now gone !
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #773
Boulder Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
Boulder Taco's Tacoma Gallery
So, just a quick update on our weak rear leafs issue. Even after the dealership replaced my rear leafs for no charge, I was still unhappy with my stance. It was still about an inch low in the rear with a topper and tools in the bed. I decided to take the easy less expensive route for now, and did an AAL. It bumped me up about 2" in the rear from what it was, for right now, I'm sure it will settle a bit though in time. Overall I have 1-1/2" higher stance in the rear now, which is what I was looking for. Next purchase will be Tires.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #774
That There Guy
EngiNerd is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
EngiNerd's Tacoma Gallery
Just want to say, you guys are the BEST!
I've had a couple of these problems with my 2012, bump from behind feeling (#TSB-0250-12) and the sagging rear springs.
Setting up an appointment today with the dealer on the west side of ATL, but if they aren't willing to work with me I will make the trip to the Mall of GA and get it fixed there.
So thanks for the heads up and I'll let you know if this dealer gives me any trouble.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #775
Escape Artist
Tacomated is on a distinguished road
Name: Ted
Tacomated's Tacoma Gallery
Got an appointment with my local dealership. Had about 300-400 lbs in the truck (shell, sleeping platform & camping gear).

Tech takes the vehicle out for a drive. I ride along. When we get back the answer is "well it feels like it's carrying a load". At less than 400 lbs? That's it?!!?

The service manager at least agreed that an AAL would not void the suspension warranty (gonna get it in writing when I take it in for the 5K service) but I thought I was buying a truck not a car with a cargo box.

Should've bought a used truck and put the $ into setting it up the way I want it.

Live and learn.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #776
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomated View Post
Got an appointment with my local dealership. Had about 300-400 lbs in the truck (shell, sleeping platform & camping gear).

Tech takes the vehicle out for a drive. I ride along. When we get back the answer is "well it feels like it's carrying a load". At less than 400 lbs? That's it?!!?

The service manager at least agreed that an AAL would not void the suspension warranty (gonna get it in writing when I take it in for the 5K service) but I thought I was buying a truck not a car with a cargo box.

Should've bought a used truck and put the $ into setting it up the way I want it.

Live and learn.
Sorry to hear - hang in there. They will be adding this to the TSB for '12-'13's if enough people make a stink about it.

If your dealership is giving you trouble you always have the option of going somewhere else. My dealer did the TSB no questions asked / no ride along - I do have an '11 though.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #777
tacoidaho is on a distinguished road
tacoidaho's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the driveline fixed- Permanently!

After multiple visits and more than a year jacking with Toyota, I got the permanent fix for the driveline vibration.
Never again.
I couldn't be happier!
Adios~ Amigos!
5.0L V-8 XLT same gas mileage as Taco 4.0, go figure.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #778
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

is the vibration when you are accelerating kind of fast? i just purchased my tacoma a little over 2 weeks ago and i noticed a vibration right away, but it only happens when i take off fast.. if i accelerate at a normal speed there is no vibration
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #779
ostroud18 is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired MSG
Name: Odis
ostroud18's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma / Ford

Nice looking Ford. You will not find a truck that won't have an issue. As for the gas MPG's you will not see the same MPG's with a full size truck V8 as you would in a V6 Tacoma. Ford 4x4 5.0LT 14 city 19 HWY. Tacoma 4x4 4.0LT 16 city 21 HWY. My brother just bought a 2013 ford F150 XLT 4x4 5.0LT and we took both on a 208 mile trip in Missouri, mostly flat HWY he got 20.5 and I got 24 cruse set at 65MPH.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #780
Rolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rolf
Rolf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoidaho View Post
After multiple visits and more than a year jacking with Toyota, I got the permanent fix for the driveline vibration.
Never again.
I couldn't be happier!
Adios~ Amigos!
5.0L V-8 XLT same gas mileage as Taco 4.0, go figure.

NICE TRUCK!! I am living in brazil part of the year, I bought a 2012 Ford Ranger 4 door cab with a 3.0 powerstroke diesel. It now has 15,000 KM on the clock around 8,000 miles and it seems to be breaking in bot has a way to go. On the highway with a light load, running AC at 70 mph Ii am averaging 14.5 KM per litre which is 31 MPG, if I slow down to 60 mph and no ac it gets 15.5 KM per litre around 32 mpg, in the city bumper to bumper traffic I get around 12 km per litre around 27 mph, the truck makes good power / torque but passing on the highway etc it somewhat weak. As I am so happy with the diesel I am going to do the DiezelToyz D4D 3.0 Turbo Diesel swap in My 2009 TRD SPort Tacoma