Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB List for 2005+ Toyota Tacoma

Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #781
jmayday23 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joel
jmayday23's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if I can still get the rear leaf spring TSB done if I've installed an add-a-leaf? I'm coming up on 3 years and my rear springs are flattening out and sagging, even with the toytec leaf installed (been two years since adding).

Do they replace the whole leaf pack? If so, I would doubt they'd offer to reinstall my add-a-leaf. ???
Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #782
Escape Artist
Tacomated is on a distinguished road
Name: Ted
Tacomated's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayday23 View Post
Anyone know if I can still get the rear leaf spring TSB done if I've installed an add-a-leaf? I'm coming up on 3 years and my rear springs are flattening out and sagging, even with the toytec leaf installed (been two years since adding).

Do they replace the whole leaf pack? If so, I would doubt they'd offer to reinstall my add-a-leaf. ???
Service manager said AAL didn't void warranty.

The TSB leaf pack has 4 leaves to I don't know if you'd want the AAL but I'd be surprised if the dealership would install it as part of the service.

Regardless, it never hurts to ask.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #783
jmayday23 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joel
jmayday23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomated View Post
Service manager said AAL didn't void warranty.

The TSB leaf pack has 4 leaves to I don't know if you'd want the AAL but I'd be surprised if the dealership would install it as part of the service.

Regardless, it never hurts to ask.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot and ask, may cost me some labor charges.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #784
Rolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rolf
Rolf's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of rear leaf springs in good condition removed from a 2009 Tacoma Crew Cab Long Bed TRD Sport 4X4 with 65,000 miles, no hauling or towing. I am located on the west side of Philly, PA, $200.00 for the set. 267-249-6016
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #785
Boulder Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
Boulder Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Guys (kd8bao / 127.0.0.1),
I am having the same exact vibration issue, at exactly 1500 RPM's - 1st gear. Just about 12mph. I feel it my my floorboards. I took it to Yota and the tech felt it instantly. I have it scheduled for next week.
When you guys replaced the U-bolts, did Toyota do it for you? Was it categorized under this TSB - 0249-12? That one says to replace the rear transmission mount?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #786
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Taco View Post
Hey Guys (kd8bao / 127.0.0.1),
I am having the same exact vibration issue, at exactly 1500 RPM's - 1st gear. Just about 12mph. I feel it my my floorboards. I took it to Yota and the tech felt it instantly. I have it scheduled for next week.
When you guys replaced the U-bolts, did Toyota do it for you? Was it categorized under this TSB - 0249-12? That one says to replace the rear transmission mount?

I tightened my ubolts to 80, and most of it went away, but
on hills i can still get a good vibe

This saturday I am taking it in and having a sit-down with
the master on duty to discuss the TSB and if they did one
before and what the results were....if all sounds OK
and the guy or girl listens to me, I will have TSB procedures
done and report results
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #787

I just had my springs replaced, so I am assuming its not my U-bolts, but I'll have them double check. It feels like a drive train / U-Joint issue to me. We'll see next week.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #788
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Had the rear TSB done... the only thing is that they also changed the shocks... don't know which brand:

Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #789
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepo View Post
Had the rear TSB done... the only thing is that they also changed the shocks... don't know which brand:

unless something changed, they should not have swapped shocks. you should have the TRD bilsteins on there and those look like the lower end tokico ones. i would check part numbers against the TSB.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #790
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
unless something changed, they should not have swapped shocks. you should have the TRD bilsteins on there and those look like the lower end tokico ones. i would check part numbers against the TSB.
Thanks! I'll check that... the problem is that in Mexico they don't have any TSB, and my shocks were already leaking... so it was good from a certain point, but I'll check the part #....
Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #791
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
Would a loud pop from 2013 w/ 800 mi on it,driving speed limit on residential street classify under the tsb for rear leaf springs. Truck has never neen off road...yet. Only heard the one time so far, looked back to see if something had fallen, nope. Never had a heavy load in the back. I know it's kinda generic definition, but just looking into what it coulda been.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #792

TSB - 0249-12 Driveline Vibration between 15 - 25 mph - Update:
Good news I figured out the vibration is most likely coming from the U-joint. Bad news is, by having an "after market" lift kit, this TSB is void. Toyota wont touch it, claiming the driveshaft angle has changed due to the lift, therefore voiding this TSB fix. I'm hoping the vibration doesnt suck too much life out of my U-joints.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #793
TanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to allTanaTaco is a name known to all

Name: James
TanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've searched and havent found any recent posts on a 05. Is the rear spring TSB still available to be done on a 2005 this day in age?

-No warranty, 132,000 miles
Old 05-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #794
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaTaco View Post
I've searched and havent found any recent posts on a 05. Is the rear spring TSB still available to be done on a 2005 this day in age?

I just went to the closest dealership a couple hours ago they didnt care where the truck came from or anything if they inspect it and its not right they replace it free of charge. Going in on monday for them to look at mine.

2006 2nd owner low 18k miles no warranty
Went to a competitor dealer from where i bought it and they didnt hesistate to help.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #795
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaTaco View Post

3 year/36k coverage only. Don't waste your time on it anyway. I would suggest you buy a real leaf pack that can handle an actual load.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #796
That There Guy
EngiNerd is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
EngiNerd's Tacoma Gallery
So they finally swapped mine out (I emailed Toyota Care and they made it happen FAST), only thing is, they switched them out for another 2+1. Granted the +1 looks beefier than before. I thought it was supposed to be a 3+1.
I have not had a chance yet to load it and see how t does. Any thoughts?
Old 06-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #797
mknipp has a spectacular aura aboutmknipp has a spectacular aura about
mknipp's Tacoma Gallery
I took my 2012 in yesterday for the driveline vibe issue. Service rep guy told me that toyota knows it's a known issue and the fix of replacing the leafs, u bolts and such didn't work for the other vehicles they tried it on. He told me that they are waiting on toyota for another fix. In the meantime I am on a list with this issue and will get a call back when another fix is available. Guy seemed to know about the issue but could there be another fix? Seems like I could be waiting a while.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #798
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
So they finally swapped mine out (I emailed Toyota Care and they made it happen FAST), only thing is, they switched them out for another 2+1. Granted the +1 looks beefier than before. I thought it was supposed to be a 3+1.
I have not had a chance yet to load it and see how t does. Any thoughts?
Did they give you a TSB #? Or just do it cause you said it was defective?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #799
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has the rear brake squeal issue, so when I took it in Friday for 20K mile service I told them about it and handed them the TSB. They were happy I did the work for them, verified the problem and ordered the parts. That TSB is not listed here yet, T-SB-0236-12, and someone posted a link to it somewhere . . .
Old 06-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #800
leew is on a distinguished road
leew's Tacoma Gallery
Good info,, Does this TSB cover 2005 Tacoma 4x4's as well?