Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB List for 2005+ Toyota Tacoma

Old 06-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #801
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure which TSB you are referencing, but the one I mentioned for the rear brake squeal says "some 2011 and 2102."
Old 06-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #802
leew is on a distinguished road
leew's Tacoma Gallery
Will Toyota pay for any TSB's on a 2005 Tacoma w/ 100,000 miles? I have a good rattle in the front (int shaft) and would like to get the rear springs done. Thanks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_NB View Post
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

A TSB is not a recall.

AU001-05 FEB 06 Audio System - Amplifier Won't Turn OFF/Battery Drain
AU001-06 FEB 07 Audio System - Quick Reference Diagnostic Guide
BO001-06 JAN 06 Body - Front/Rear Window Runs Deformed
BO003-05 MAR 05 Body - Overfender Refinishing Process
BO004-05 APR 05 Body - Water Leaks Onto Front Floor
BO018-07 NOV 07 Body - Bent Rear Tailgate
BO022-06 NOV 06 Interior - Driver's Side Lower Dash Panel Poor Fit
EG011-07 JUL 07 Engine Controls - Intermittent No Start Condition
EG021-06 APR 06 Exhaust System - Ticking Noise Between 2,000-2,500 RPM
EG043-05 MAY 06 Fuel System - MIL ON/DTC's/No Start in Extreme Cold
EG046-06 AUG 06 Intake System - Air Intake Hose Rattle
NV003-06 MAR 06 Body - Front End Rattle/Squeak on Bumps
NV004-06 MAY 06 Interior - Front Seat Squeak Noise
NV006-07 AUG 07 Body - Windshield Wind Noise at Highway Speeds
NV007-05 JUN 05 Body - Front/Rear Popping/Knocking Noise on Rough Roads
NV007-07 JUL 07 Body - Dech Side Panel Rattle
PD039-04 SEP 04 Pre Delivery - Initial Calibration Of Compass
PD075-06 AUG 06 Pre Delivery - TPS Initialization Procedure
PG004-06 NOV 06 General - TPS Diagnostic Tips
SS002-07 APR 07 Engine Controls - ECU Flash Reprogramming Procedure
SU002-05 NOV 05 Suspension - Rear Suspension Noise
SU006-07 SEP 07 Suspension - Harsh Rear Spring Ride With Heavy Loads
TC004-06 JUN 06 M/T - Clutch Pedal Squeaking Noise
T-SB-0132-08 JUL 08 Drivetrain - Driveline Vibration Between 15 - 25 MPH
T-SB-0305-08 SEP 08 Suspension - Rear Spring Harsh Ride
T-SB-0326-08 OCT 08 Engine Mechanical - Oil Leak from Front Timing Cover
T-SB-0164-09 MAY 09 Abnnormal Sound from JBL Subwoofer
T-SB-0119-10 MAY 10 Steering Intermediate Shaft Rattle Noise
T-SB-0359-10 DEC 10 - Suspension - *Updated* Rear Spring Harsh Ride

Each TSB can be read and / or downloaded here.

In cases where a TSB has more than one revision I have uploaded the latest revision.
There are a few other TSBs that I do not have PDF files for.
If you have a TSB that is not on the list, let me know and I will add it or also PM a moderator to have it added since the OP has not been here in a while.

Last Edit: added T-SB-0119-10 MAY 10 Steering Intermediate Shaft Rattle Noise
Old 06-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #803
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leew View Post
Will Toyota pay for any TSB's on a 2005 Tacoma w/ 100,000 miles? I have a good rattle in the front (int shaft) and would like to get the rear springs done. Thanks..
No
Old 06-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #804
coveylane is on a distinguished road

Name: Coveylane
coveylane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
I would like to know if the 08 will have the same leaf spring TSB..... It's the same part ##
My 08 springs were changed but within the warranty period. Outside the warranty period, I don't know if they will still do it.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #805
Firenailer is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Firenailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Mine has the rear brake squeal issue, so when I took it in Friday for 20K mile service I told them about it and handed them the TSB. They were happy I did the work for them, verified the problem and ordered the parts. That TSB is not listed here yet, T-SB-0236-12, and someone posted a link to it somewhere . . .
Did the repair cure the problem?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #806
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
Did the repair cure the problem?
No squeal yet, but it took a thousand miles or so for it to show up originally. So the jury is still out -- but it is nice to have it gone for now.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #807
SilMonDrop is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Doug
SilMonDrop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknipp View Post
I took my 2012 in yesterday for the driveline vibe issue. Service rep guy told me that toyota knows it's a known issue and the fix of replacing the leafs, u bolts and such didn't work for the other vehicles they tried it on. He told me that they are waiting on toyota for another fix. In the meantime I am on a list with this issue and will get a call back when another fix is available. Guy seemed to know about the issue but could there be another fix? Seems like I could be waiting a while.
I took mine in today for the same issue and got the same response. The guy that told me is a friend of mine so the day Toyota calls with the fix he will call me and I will post that they have a fix for it so you can go back in to get yours fixed.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #808
oh crap its him is on a distinguished road
Name: Shannon
oh crap its him's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the driveshaft assembly TSB completed on my truck. It completely fixed the clunk I had when stopping or starting. Def recommend getting this done if you have the same problem. TSB-0119-10
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #809
JCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Over your paygrade
Name: Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
JCruiser's Tacoma Gallery
I looked for a forum that specializes in TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) and wanted to throw this site up as a reference for those that may have some of these situations such as wind noise, audio distortion, driveline, or even paint peeling off of instrument cluster.

General recalls:
http://www.tacomahq.com/category/tac...alls-and-tsbs/

This one addresses the wind noise
http://www.tacomahq.com/category/tacoma-recalls-and-tsbs/

2010-2012 Instrument Cluster paint problems
http://www.tacomahq.com/2504/2010-12...-problems-tsb/

You sure do not want this happening to you (pictured is an early 2005 Tacoma that did not have enough phosphate applied)

Old 07-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #810
JCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Over your paygrade
Name: Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
JCruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknipp View Post
I took my 2012 in yesterday for the driveline vibe issue. Service rep guy told me that toyota knows it's a known issue and the fix of replacing the leafs, u bolts and such didn't work for the other vehicles they tried it on. He told me that they are waiting on toyota for another fix. In the meantime I am on a list with this issue and will get a call back when another fix is available. Guy seemed to know about the issue but could there be another fix? Seems like I could be waiting a while.

http://www.tacomahq.com/2629/driveli...on-expand-tsb/

This TSB suggests
The Fix
  1. Replace the Rear Engine Insulator (Rear Transmission Mount).
  2. Test drive the vehicle again to see if issue is resolved. If not, follow the next step.
  3. Replace the rear leaf springs.
  4. Test drive again to see if vibration is gone. If it still exists, follow the next step.
  5. Install the steering wheel damper by removing the steering wheel pad and screwing it into place.
  6. Test drive and confirm the repair.
It seems that Toyota feels that one of the above fixes WILL fix the issue.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #811
brian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Brian
brian0128's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a place to find all TSB's that affect a certain year? I have a 2012 TRD and am looking for a comprehensive list of all TSB's just for my model year. Does it exist?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #812

I am not sure if the first page of this post is being kept up to date as TSB's are updated to include more model years. Toyota tries to incorporate design changes for later models, but many times they don't and it takes a while for them to update the TSB.

Toyota is not going to publicly publish the list. If you have a really nice dealer, they may do a search for you and give you the list, but that would be a rare case.

You can get a subscription to the online tech manuals for a fee. That link is http://www.techinfo.toyota.com. You get 2 days of access for $15. I have done this before, and it was kind of a pain to get all the documentation downloaded, but I think it was worth it since I owned 3 Toyota vehicles at the time. I may do it again, and if I do, I will definitely provide the info here.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #814
Eazy.E is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
I know the traffic on this thread isn't that high any more but I have an 06 DCLB that I got a few mo tha ago. Reading through this its hard to say whether the original owner had any of these done. So my question is have many of you who are past your warrantee bought the parts to do any of these TSB's yourself? Or are they hard to justify the cost if your no longer covered.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #815
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy.E View Post
I know the traffic on this thread isn't that high any more but I have an 06 DCLB that I got a few mo tha ago. Reading through this its hard to say whether the original owner had any of these done. So my question is have many of you who are past your warrantee bought the parts to do any of these TSB's yourself? Or are they hard to justify the cost if your no longer covered.
I'd suggest stopping by dealership and having the service department run your truck's VIN. That'll show any recall, TSB, or service work performed by a Toyota shop. If you have a problem subject to a TSB, you can always ask for them to do the work, but don't be surprised if it isn't free. You could also find a relevant TSB and do the work yourself.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #816
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy.E View Post
Some of these there are better solutions for than what Toyota came up with.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #817
That There Guy
EngiNerd is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
EngiNerd's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the delay, a lot else going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
Did they give you a TSB #? Or just do it cause you said it was defective?
No, I don't remember a TSB #, but they did fight me a bit on it. Turns out the springs are the same as the ones before, so I went in again trying to get the extra spring and they "tested" it and said they could not find problems. When I came to pick it up they gave me a copy of the cargo capacities of various Tacoma setups and apparently my truck can only hold 1300 lbs (passengers and driver included).

So I am sure that they will use that as an excuse in the future saying that I am over-loading the truck. What good is a truck if you can't carry things?
I am just going to bite the bullet and get an AAL.
Other than the rear springs the truck can take way more than the published 1300 lbs.

So yeah, they did address my problem, but only gave me a new set of the same springs. They did not increase the 1300 cargo capacity.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #818
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'd suggest stopping by dealership and having the service department run your truck's VIN. That'll show any recall, TSB, or service work performed by a Toyota shop. If you have a problem subject to a TSB, you can always ask for them to do the work, but don't be surprised if it isn't free. You could also find a relevant TSB and do the work yourself.
Thanks! That's kind of what I figured. I plan on taking it to toyota to get it checked out before I do anything.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #819
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Some of these there are better solutions for than what Toyota came up with.
Agreed. The one TSB in particular that I was looking Into (and figured I can only get the parts from toyota) was the steering linkage/shaft having some slop or slap offroad or on rough roads. I'm going to take it into a dealership and see if any of the TSB's were ever performed and go from there. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #820
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
So yeah, they did address my problem, but only gave me a new set of the same springs. They did not increase the 1300 cargo capacity.
Do you have an Offroad? If not, your truck should have the 4-leaf spring pack, which isn't subject to any TSBs, as I believe only the 3-leaf pack of the OR is involved. If you still want to have the TSB performed, you could try another dealership, but I don't think MY2012 is currently covered by the rear spring TSB.

Another option I considered was to buy 1300 lbs of concrete mix, roll roofing, or something similar, and take the loaded truck to a dealership so they could enjoy riding in the back seat while bouncing off the crappy OEM bump stops. After the test drive, return the material.

I bought OME Dakar springs and Timken SES for my 3-leaf OR. The Timkens were a big improvement, so much so that I still haven't bothered installing the Dakars.