Old 09-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #841
Hollywood218 is on a distinguished road

Army: Maint. Team Leader/Recovery NCO
Name: Alex
Hollywood218's Tacoma Gallery
2013 O/R DCab-->2+1=3 leaf pack
Old 09-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #842
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood218 View Post
2013 O/R DCab-->2+1=3 leaf pack
Same. '13 dc short bed 4X
Has 2+ 1 little one, so 3?
Mine bottoms out super easy. How do I ask for the tsb? Do I qualify for it?
Not sure how to go about this...
Old 09-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #843
That There Guy
EngiNerd is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
EngiNerd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Same. '13 dc short bed 4X
Has 2+ 1 little one, so 3?
Mine bottoms out super easy. How do I ask for the tsb? Do I qualify for it?
Not sure how to go about this...
I have a '12 DCSB 4x4 and they replaced mine with another 2+1.
Toyota set the load capacity at 1300lbs (including passengers and fuel), so if it bottoms out below that talk to the dealer, otherwise look into an AAL to beef up capacity.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #844
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
For those having parts replaced due to driveline vibes, per TSB-0249-12, TIS shows that TSB now as "OBSOLETE".

" T-SB-0249-12 Rev1: '05-'13 Tacoma: Driveline Vibration Between 15 - 25 MPH OBSOLETE"

I haven't found a corresponding newer TSB covering the same issue. Either another 'fix' is coming, or Toyota has given up since it's not fixing the problem. So heads up, dealers may start denying this.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #845
samorbit is on a distinguished road
samorbit's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian TSB's

I went to dealerships here in calgary when my truck was still under warranty with a handful of TSB's I printed off and was told Toyota Canada does not honour the TSB's. Ive now recently cracked a leaf and was quoted $1800 to change (both packs and shackles as I was told they were rusted out). I phoned toyota canada and was told there are Canadian TSB's and US so in other words I am SOL. If I were to replace with toyota parts and toyota decides sometime in the future to issue a TSB on it I could be reimbursed but I decided to take it to a local suspension shop instead for much less.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #846
JCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Over your paygrade
Name: Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
JCruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
For those having parts replaced due to driveline vibes, per TSB-0249-12, TIS shows that TSB now as "OBSOLETE".

" T-SB-0249-12 Rev1: '05-'13 Tacoma: Driveline Vibration Between 15 - 25 MPH OBSOLETE"

I haven't found a corresponding newer TSB covering the same issue. Either another 'fix' is coming, or Toyota has given up since it's not fixing the problem. So heads up, dealers may start denying this.

Could this be what you are looking for???

http://media.fixed-ops.com/Toy_Servi.../sb0249T12.PDF
Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #847
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCruiser View Post
Could this be what you are looking for???

http://media.fixed-ops.com/Toy_Servi.../sb0249T12.PDF
No. I'm not looking for the TSB. I bought a 2 day account for Toyota's TIS. I pulled up the 12/21/12 TSB on TIS. That TSB now is marked OBSOLETE. (Also the TSB was given a 'Rev 1' designation, stating NOT to do the steering wheel damper on some model years).

The TSB is obsolete - the one you posted is out of date. The one I found was newer (Rev 1) and also marked obsolete. This is not fixing the problem sufficiently. Something else is up.

$30k pieces of junk we bought. Not that I expect better from anyone else these days. I want my old '92 back.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 AM   #848
Rolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shedRolf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rolf
Rolf's Tacoma Gallery
Really a shame that the USA market gets the poor quality toyotas as South America gets the bulletproof toyota hilux with 3.0 diesel I see these hilux with over 500,000 km and still going strong
Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #849
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
I called my buddy at the dealer just happens to be the service manager, he told me it was already obsolete before your post. went as far as saying the others for drive shaft and rear springs were now also .

your right about high priced junk man ,mine was 35k ran great for the first 10k + or - a few k. then this vibration hit it.

I've had 12 Toyota's used to be a wrench in a combo vw/Toyota dealer and can't figure it out with help from sm's and above.
add me to the list of get me back my 87 which other then rusting away was still running good at 300k and only cost me 1 clutch job and a timing chain during that time
Yeah this isn't my first rodeo with Toyota trucks. Except every other time, they ran forever with basic maintenance. I keep telling my old man - when he gets rid of his 4Runner, I *WANT* it. 200k+, runs like a champ. 5VZ-FE is less power, but I'll take it. Miss my '04. Miss my '92 for that matter. Miss the '84, too.

Let's face it - Toyota is either 1) stumped or 2) realizes the problem involves an inherent design flaw that a parts swap cannot fix (at least not a parts swap they're willing to make).

Hell, Ford and GM treat customers better than this.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #850
Eazy.E is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone subscribed to this thread had the steering chatter TSB done? I noticed mine chatters a bit offroad, but I'm past warrantee and its not too bad. Just curious if anyone that had it done noticed a huge difference. If so I might do it myself.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy.E View Post
Has anyone subscribed to this thread had the steering chatter TSB done? I noticed mine chatters a bit offroad, but I'm past warrantee and its not too bad. Just curious if anyone that had it done noticed a huge difference. If so I might do it myself.
Didn't bother, hate going to dealers. I did the 'zip tie' fix. Been in for 5000 miles and works well. Spend $0.03 on a zip tie ($0.06 if you need 2) and consider it fixed.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #852
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
What is the 'zip tie' fix ????

Jesse
Old 09-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #853
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooks420 View Post
What is the 'zip tie' fix ????

Jesse
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Awww.taco...tle%22+zip+tie
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #854
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Zip tie fix

I wonder how hard it would be to find the right size and install something like this airsoft barrel center bushing (top right in pic).

Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #855
Eazy.E is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
Didn't bother, hate going to dealers. I did the 'zip tie' fix. Been in for 5000 miles and works well. Spend $0.03 on a zip tie ($0.06 if you need 2) and consider it fixed.
I've got some mega zip ties in my truck, gonna throw one in today, thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #856
Banned
Man Overboard is on a distinguished road
Man Overboard's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #857
193rdsoldier will become famous soon enough193rdsoldier will become famous soon enough

Name: Joe
193rdsoldier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh crap its him View Post
Just got the driveshaft assembly TSB completed on my truck. It completely fixed the clunk I had when stopping or starting. Def recommend getting this done if you have the same problem. TSB-0119-10

+1. Before driveline replacement, felt like driveline was turning halfway before differential started turning Lol
Old 09-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #858
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
new shaft and 4 leaf tow package rear springs, still have a vibration starting at 45 in 4th lockup and staying there in 5th lockup. it's driving me crazy as it feels like a bent propeller on my charter boat .
I've checked everything that can be including the check list for the trans in here. esp interesting is page at33 http://www.scribd.com/doc/82828113/A...atic-Transaxle about shudering
Have you had the drive shafts re-balanced?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #859
MLG is on a distinguished road
MLG's Tacoma Gallery
2012 4x4 sqeaks

How do you print the TSB off of the list? My truck squeaks first thing in the morning or after it has sat for awhile.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #860
mknipp has a spectacular aura aboutmknipp has a spectacular aura about
mknipp's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW today I had my truck in for service and yet again complained about vibes while acellerating and the Toyota service rep told me that basically toyota is now just considering the vibrations a characteristic of the trucks, dating back to 2005. Said they replace and try to fix components but nothing works. Basically I paid 30k for a truck with vibrations while accelerating. I told him it was unacceptable and will be contacting corporate.