Notices

K&N vs. AFE

View Poll Results: K&N vs. AFE
K&N Cold Air Intake 27 25.71%
AFE Pro Dry Cold Air Intake 78 74.29%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
SAVAGE BEAST
cmm1980 is a name known to allcmm1980 is a name known to allcmm1980 is a name known to allcmm1980 is a name known to allcmm1980 is a name known to allcmm1980 is a name known to all

Army: SPC, MLRS, 1/27th Field Artillery
Name: Casey
cmm1980's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb K&N vs. AFE

I am trying to decide if I want a K&N or AFE cold air intake.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
not a big fan of the AFE dry,found dust past the filter after being on dirt roads.As for the CAI you for the most part have one stock but if you want to throw away $200 and see no HP improvments go for it.The sticker that comes with it is neat looking though.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
go for the afe blue filter. you can just use a little dish detergent and wash out the oil before you put it on. Make sure you dry the filter completely before you throw it back on.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
afe pro dry s filter. dont get an actual cold air
Old 01-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
intakes pretty much dont do anything to our trucks so i say go K&N for the louder sound
Old 01-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
choda is on a distinguished road

Name: chad
choda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTaco View Post
go for the afe blue filter. you can just use a little dish detergent and wash out the oil before you put it on. Make sure you dry the filter completely before you throw it back on.
couldent you do the same thing to a k&n
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
wait............Im confused, is there 2 threads?
Yup!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
streetcustoms is a name known to allstreetcustoms is a name known to allstreetcustoms is a name known to allstreetcustoms is a name known to allstreetcustoms is a name known to allstreetcustoms is a name known to all
streetcustoms's Tacoma Gallery
afe
Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
SWAPMEET CRAWLER
SLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: kenny
SLOCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
afe
Old 01-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
i have the AFE oiled filter....so faar so god.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
Duff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Ammunition Technician, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment
Name: Sean
Duff Man's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Duff Man
K&N is crap. I bought one and all of the clamps to hook it up were to small, and the heat shield didn't fit. I actually wound up putting the stock intake back on.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
Kahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the rough
Marines: Harrier powerplants
Name: Dave
Kahunadave's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Kahunadave
WOW..surprised not more K&N fans. I bought a K&N off Craigs List for $150- series 63 from a prev Taco owner. He had it on his '07 and traded it in about 6mos ago. Hooked it up..a nice throaty sound and good smooth pull from 2500-3500 rpm. I'm happy w/it..and for hundred fifty bucks!!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #14
coldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to beholdcoldcanuk is a splendid one to behold
coldcanuk's Tacoma Gallery
K&N - oil into the throttle body
AFE Pro Dry - Couldn't find any real test or reviews on the quality.

I've gone back to OEM or WIX (at the moment).........

This write up changed my mind about all the K&N and aftermarket crap, just give me the best filtration, I won't know the difference of 2hp.......

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/index....d=58&Itemid=66

I have both in amazing shape sitting in my garage, should sell them on the site.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
fuck K&N. that is all.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Ask yourself, how long has K&N been making oiled filters? Then think about all the new tech in our vehicles.

That should help with your decision.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #17
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle_cakes View Post
fuck K&N. that is all.
yeah i have a K+N drop in for my 2004 and i'm gonna switch to AFE. the damn oil is starting to piss me off
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
08ruggedtrail is on a distinguished road

Name: shannon
08ruggedtrail's Tacoma Gallery
afe stage 2 intake, with blue filter
Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #19
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
AEM FTW.... but AFE for the choices k&n is too hyped up
Old 01-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #20
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
i got a k&n series 77 intake and i love it, no problems with it either