LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do I tell if a Tacoma has the factory towing package?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
I may be wrong, so correct me if so, but if you have a 4 leaf pack (including the flat leaf) it's a tow package.

A 3 leaf pack indicates it's not a tow package.

... True?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #42
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
I may be wrong, so correct me if so, but if you have a 4 leaf pack (including the flat leaf) it's a tow package.

A 3 leaf pack indicates it's not a tow package.

... True?
No, leaf packs are all 3 unless you have the Toyota tsb leafs (4 leaf pack).
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #43
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
No, leaf packs are all 3 unless you have the Toyota tsb leafs (4 leaf pack).
Not true

2012-13 Sport and SR5 trucks come with the 4 leaf pack as have all Canadian trucks since 2007
Old 06-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #44
dcdude is on a distinguished road
Name: Chuck
dcdude's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody got a photo of the transmission cooler?

Post #3 over here on TN has a very helpful tip. Tow Package says "130" (Amps) right on the fuse box: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...w-package.html
Old 06-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #47
byrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud of

Name: David
byrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Go to a Toyota dealer and have them pull the info for your truck???
^^^This^^^^ Just give the parts counter guy your VIN number he can print off a vehicle inquiry report. I did and it told me everything my truck was built with, including if it was fleet or non fleet.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #48
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanelakos View Post
Personally, I would run the vin number to be sure. If truck is at a dealer, maybe the carfax would show it.
+1, easy for dealer to do. The one I deal with runs specs and puts it on a laminated printout. Looks nice but I like to keep the window sticker and these are rather large and hard to fold. If buying from individual hopefully they have it or try calling Toyota.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #49
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
When I was looking and pricing out a certain model almost every dealer told me if you get a TRD package 99% of the time its going to have the towing package.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #50
dcdude is on a distinguished road
Name: Chuck
dcdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo8696 View Post
When I was looking and pricing out a certain model almost every dealer told me if you get a TRD package 99% of the time its going to have the towing package.
I have seen that correlation myself. I expect that we was referring to 6 cylinder models.