Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bad luck picking up my truck

Old 01-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
bad luck picking up my truck

Some of you probably remember my newb thread about my 06 I'm picking up in Vegas.

I was initially going to get it a week ago but Martin Luther King day screwed that up.

Its been a long week of waiting. I was supposed to fly out tomorrow night to Vegas with my fiance, but now he can't go =( So I'm on my way to Vegas alone and screwed out of $70 for his ticket. But I can live past that.

I got a call from the owner 2 nights ago, and he told me that some idiot ran into the back of the truck. It was almost a hit and run, I guess.. but he caught it in enough time that the hitter didn't get away. He sent me pictures and it isn't bad damage... but what luck!!! I guess its in the body shop as I'm typing this, and the shop owners swear it will be done Monday by 3 at the latest. I believe it because there is no damage to any painted parts, they basically just have to swap in a new taillight, and a new chrome bumper and bumper trim.

Aaaaahhh, I'm about ripping my hair out, just hoping this all goes well... I hope I'm not stupid to be taking this huge leap of faith, so to speak, and all on my own... I'm just worried. I've been talking to the owner and I'm usually a great judge of character and he seems super honest, and the truck looks well taken care of and the carfax verify's everything he has told me... I just hope I don't have to catch a plane home from Vegas empty handed is all.

Whew.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMissed View Post
Some of you probably remember my newb thread about my 06 I'm picking up in Vegas.

I was initially going to get it a week ago but Martin Luther King day screwed that up.

Its been a long week of waiting. I was supposed to fly out tomorrow night to Vegas with my fiance, but now he can't go =( So I'm on my way to Vegas alone and screwed out of $70 for his ticket. But I can live past that.

I got a call from the owner 2 nights ago, and he told me that some idiot ran into the back of the truck. It was almost a hit and run, I guess.. but he caught it in enough time that the hitter didn't get away. He sent me pictures and it isn't bad damage... but what luck!!! I guess its in the body shop as I'm typing this, and the shop owners swear it will be done Monday by 3 at the latest. I believe it because there is no damage to any painted parts, they basically just have to swap in a new taillight, and a new chrome bumper and bumper trim.

Aaaaahhh, I'm about ripping my hair out, just hoping this all goes well... I hope I'm not stupid to be taking this huge leap of faith, so to speak, and all on my own... I'm just worried. I've been talking to the owner and I'm usually a great judge of character and he seems super honest, and the truck looks well taken care of and the carfax verify's everything he has told me... I just hope I don't have to catch a plane home from Vegas empty handed is all.

Whew.
I think i would have to take a good long look at that truck before i
bought it may be take it to shop of your own good luck
Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck to you. I hope your luck gets better.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
automoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of lightautomoto is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Mike
automoto's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck, i hope it all works out for yah. It will all be worth it when ur cruisin home in your new taco
Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I'm a little too trusting sometimes, but I have high hopes that the owner is being completely honest when he tells me it is mechanically and cosmetically flawless (until thursday anyways, lol)

I'm excited for a 900 mile 'bonding experience' with it though!!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
ksj is on a distinguished road
ksj's Tacoma Gallery
There are a bunch of TW members in Vegas. You should start a thread asking them for some help checking out the truck.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj View Post
There are a bunch of TW members in Vegas. You should start a thread asking them for some help checking out the truck.
thats a great idea.im sure someone would go have a look.