Notices

6inch lift with 35's

Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
red neck toy is on a distinguished road
Name: earle
red neck toy's Tacoma Gallery
6inch lift with 35's

hello everyone.
i have a 05 tacoma dbl cab with a 3in lift and 33's.
ive been considering a 6inch with 35's or leaveing the 33's.
i love the power my truck still has with the 33's how much am i gonna lose with 35's if i dont ge gear??
also what are ppl getting for mpg with the 35's?
how is the handling? does the truck feel lose at all going down the high way?
if you guys could help me make my decision i would really appreciate it. thanks?

ps if you have any pics with a 6in and 33's id like to see them.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I love the looks of 6" lifts, but just not that practical as a daily driver and primary vehicly for me. Now when my Tacoma is paid for and I have another vehicle as a primary vehicle, I will probably supersize it.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
this could be an epic thread
Old 01-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
6inch lift with 35's-flexing.jpgi like 35s on my truck i get around 15 to 18 mpg if im on the highway around town not so much
Old 01-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
LOL Krookz your one of my favorite posters!!
I have a 6" lift with 35's no regear. I get about 15mpg with occasional spirited driving mixed between highway and city. As far as feel, etc, that will all depend on your setup. I have a Stage II procomp setup which I love. Krookz has the fabtech setup. I'm sure he loves his too. lots of options out there for you.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
MWilliamson will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 1st. Lt.; Medically Retired
MWilliamson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
I run 6" and 33's. 35's were too big for offroading and hit the firewall. But making an assumption by your username, your probably only going to take it in mud. So I wouldn't worry.

that is absolutely awesome! If only i didn't have a 100 miles of highway driving a day...gotta keep the mpg!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
How is it not practical? A 6" with 33s will get the same MPG as a 3" with 33s.
I said not practical FOR ME. Trying to get a 3 yr old inside one and having to drive to several different hospitals around town and park in parking garages = not practical FOR ME. I definately could not fit in the garage with 6 inches. Barely fit now with 3".
Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #9

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
I still fit in parking garages, and my own garage when I even had 7.75" of lift and 35s. Maybe NM has wierd sized stuff though.
Several of the parking structures at these hospitals are unusually low. You even have to be careful how you travel through them. One other Dr actually got his truck stuck in one and it was just a standard truck with no mods.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well here in texas everything is bigger i guess haha i fit in all the covered parking here with a foot to spare
Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #11

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
well here in texas everything is bigger i guess haha i fit in all the covered parking here with a foot to spare
Sounds like you may need some more lift then. LOL
Old 01-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
THE RED DRAGON!!

haha yea right my gf is like 5'2'' the other night she couldnt get in she was a little drunk too but it made me laugh so i didnt help
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
Jeff0321 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Jeff0321's Tacoma Gallery
6inch lift with 35's

Here is mine with 6in lift and 35's
Attached Thumbnails
6inch lift with 35's-image.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
i'll have photos up of my truck shortly today for im getting a 6" lift and 18x9 wheels on 275/70r18. soo a 33" tire.
it'll look like this
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
but look up in the searh 6" lifts and theres i know a thread or two of just...hundreds(so it seems ) of photos with lift / different wheel sizes