1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo Headlight Fogging Issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dgoodytrd, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jan 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    Dgoodytrd

Dgoodytrd [OP] Dgoodytrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    mass
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad Lifted
    3" Lift, 3" Chrome Push Bar w/ PIAA Lights, 3" Nasta Chrome Sidesteps, Chrome Mirrors,Tailgate Handle,Toyota Grille and TRD 3rd Brake Cover, Remote Start, TRD Cold Air Intake, Tint, TRD Seat covers, 32" BFG All Terrains, Rear Bumper Fogs, Halo Headlights, LED Taillight Bar, JL Audio VR6 10" Sub w/ 1000w Kenwood Amp,
    I recently have installed the Eagle Eye Halo Headlights and they fog horribly. Before I installed them I read that you should silicone everything including vent holes but then heard you shouldn't because the temperature inside the light can't be hotter than the outside or it will fog. I originally installed them without silicone, they fog, then siliconed everything including vent holes, still fogging, Please any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jan 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    I feel your pain. I bought blacked out headlights on ebay and they started fogging horribly. I baked them in the oven to open them up and take out the whole gallon of water that was accumulated in them. Resealed them and they still fogged up a bit. Took them off the truck again and put more sealant on them. That did the trick. They stopped fogging up after like a week. Maybe you still have a little bit of water in them and soon it will dry up. Add more sealant and try using electrical tape over the sealant to possibly avoid more water or air from leaking in. Hope this helps.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jan 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    if u didnt get the condensation out of them before you seaed them w/ silicone, u just permanently sealed in the water. u need to break them apart, get it all out, then reassemble and silicone

4. Jan 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You might try throwing a silica gel pack in the lights to be sure that all of the moisture is gone. Then try resealing again.

5. Jan 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    kngharley

kngharley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corona, Ca
    Glad I read this thread. I was planning to buy a set. Not now. Thx

6. Jan 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    Dgoodytrd

Dgoodytrd [OP] Dgoodytrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    mass
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad Lifted
    3" Lift, 3" Chrome Push Bar w/ PIAA Lights, 3" Nasta Chrome Sidesteps, Chrome Mirrors,Tailgate Handle,Toyota Grille and TRD 3rd Brake Cover, Remote Start, TRD Cold Air Intake, Tint, TRD Seat covers, 32" BFG All Terrains, Rear Bumper Fogs, Halo Headlights, LED Taillight Bar, JL Audio VR6 10" Sub w/ 1000w Kenwood Amp,
    Thanks for the info guys. I don't seem to get any water inside, it just starts to fog on the bottom in front of the LED's and works it's way up the longer the lights are on but eventually it goes away on it's own, depending on the weather it might take a little longer. Aggrevating. Trucks look nice! Thanks again!

7. Jan 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    05tacoSPORT

05tacoSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    Mine do the same thing I returned my first set. I took them out and put them on my AC vent for a day or 2. then put silicon all over everything put them back on and they fogged up again. they look good when there isnt any h2o in them BUT that is the key

Products Discussed in

To Top