Notices

Halo Headlight Fogging Issues

Old 01-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Dgoodytrd
Dgoodytrd is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Dgoodytrd's Tacoma Gallery

I recently have installed the Eagle Eye Halo Headlights and they fog horribly. Before I installed them I read that you should silicone everything including vent holes but then heard you shouldn't because the temperature inside the light can't be hotter than the outside or it will fog. I originally installed them without silicone, they fog, then siliconed everything including vent holes, still fogging, Please any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I bought blacked out headlights on ebay and they started fogging horribly. I baked them in the oven to open them up and take out the whole gallon of water that was accumulated in them. Resealed them and they still fogged up a bit. Took them off the truck again and put more sealant on them. That did the trick. They stopped fogging up after like a week. Maybe you still have a little bit of water in them and soon it will dry up. Add more sealant and try using electrical tape over the sealant to possibly avoid more water or air from leaking in. Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoodytrd View Post
I recently have installed the Eagle Eye Halo Headlights and they fog horribly. Before I installed them I read that you should silicone everything including vent holes but then heard you shouldn't because the temperature inside the light can't be hotter than the outside or it will fog. I originally installed them without silicone, they fog, then siliconed everything including vent holes, still fogging, Please any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
if u didnt get the condensation out of them before you seaed them w/ silicone, u just permanently sealed in the water. u need to break them apart, get it all out, then reassemble and silicone
Old 01-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You might try throwing a silica gel pack in the lights to be sure that all of the moisture is gone. Then try resealing again.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
kngharley is on a distinguished road

kngharley's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I read this thread. I was planning to buy a set. Not now. Thx
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Dgoodytrd
Dgoodytrd is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Dgoodytrd's Tacoma Gallery

Thanks for the info guys. I don't seem to get any water inside, it just starts to fog on the bottom in front of the LED's and works it's way up the longer the lights are on but eventually it goes away on it's own, depending on the weather it might take a little longer. Aggrevating. Trucks look nice! Thanks again!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Mine do the same thing I returned my first set. I took them out and put them on my AC vent for a day or 2. then put silicon all over everything put them back on and they fogged up again. they look good when there isnt any h2o in them BUT that is the key