LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

flat leaf springs

Old 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
sr5boy is on a distinguished road

sr5boy's Tacoma Gallery
flat leaf springs

hey my springs are awefull! the rear leafs are concave now. they are past flat. Anyone ever heard of a solution? do the older model springs fit?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
buy deaver J66...and your problems are solved...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #4

sr5boy's Tacoma Gallery
are those pretty tough springs? because i need some that will hold up my 4wheeler. it bottoms out on speed bumps now with two people in the truck. its aweful.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
3rd
Old 01-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
NyQuil on the rocks.
nuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to all

nuckinfuts's Tacoma Gallery
if you're hauling a bunch, get the OME Dakars, they did great with a snowmobile in the bed and two more on the trailer.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
4th
Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #10
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars x3

just installed them myself. HUGE difference!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...als-build.html
Old 01-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #11
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5boy View Post
hey my springs are awefull! the rear leafs are concave now. they are past flat. Anyone ever heard of a solution? do the older model springs fit?
You sound like a perfect candidate for the Leaf Spring TSB; contingent on your warranty of course...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...5-08-rev-1.pdf
Old 01-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
Dakars x3

just installed them myself. HUGE difference!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...als-build.html
Wow. Seven leaf rear springs versus three? Does the rear have any give to it? Must be super stiff.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #13
NyQuil on the rocks.
nuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to all

nuckinfuts's Tacoma Gallery
It's actually not too bad, a lot more stable and they still have some give. The OME shocks are a good pairing as they are pretty "softly" valved (N182). I've hauled several loads (half yard at a time) of crushed rock in the back and the springs definitely flex with that much weight, but still rode above the bump stops where the stockers crashed the bumpstops if you put a gallon of milk back there.

So where's the pics of the stockers going inverted?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckinfuts View Post
So where's the pics of the stockers going inverted?
I'm calling BS unless proven otherwise by pictures.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #15

sr5boy's Tacoma Gallery
ill take the pics tomarow.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent. I'm eager to see this.