1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

windshield wiper issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by leonard123, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    leonard123

leonard123 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    leonard
    athens georgia
    Vehicle:
    2009 toyota tacoma
    I have a 2009 toyota tacoma. The wiper control has regular speed, high and that's it. You can tap the handle and make the wiper go on once. I think toyota has made a mistake. My wife has a 2007 corolla, it has a variable speed wiper, my son has a 1997 toyota tacoma and it has a variable speed wiper. My truck is all automatic but it doesn't have variable speed control. Do you think this is a mistake. This is the first brand new truck I have ever bought and I am very surprised that the truck doesn't come with vasriable speed control. Also I have had 2 new radio's put in the truck. The radio would go on and off by itself as well as change stations by itself. Thanks for any advise. Leonard

2. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The radio problems are common on the 2009's. As far as the variable speed wipers, do you have the SR5 package?

3. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    The 09 HUs are a problem, as far as the wipers go, it depends on the package.

4. Jan 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    The intermittant wiper mod is easy and rather inexpensive from what I have read over the years.

Marc M

5. Jan 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    I have the same wiper setup, no variable speed. My advice would be to get Rain X wiper fluid and then put on a set of Rain X wipers... You'll never need to use them. :cheers:

6. Jan 24, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    PA452

PA452 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    As already said, you won't have variable speed wipers if you don't have the SR5 package.

Personally, I find it absolutely ridiculous that you need to buy a higher trim/option level just to get variable wipers though. When I bought my Tacoma, I wanted power windows/locks and some of the other perks of the SR5 package, so I was going to end up with it anyway. But I'd have been pissed if I didn't want all that stuff and as a result ended up without variable speed wipers.

7. Jan 25, 2010 at 3:23 AM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    As cheap, and as common, as intermittent wipers are these days, it really is sad that all cars or trucks just don't have them. Even the base model of any vehicle should have this feature.

Products Discussed in

To Top