Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

windshield wiper issues

Old 01-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
leonard123 is on a distinguished road
Name: leonard
leonard123's Tacoma Gallery
windshield wiper issues

I have a 2009 toyota tacoma. The wiper control has regular speed, high and that's it. You can tap the handle and make the wiper go on once. I think toyota has made a mistake. My wife has a 2007 corolla, it has a variable speed wiper, my son has a 1997 toyota tacoma and it has a variable speed wiper. My truck is all automatic but it doesn't have variable speed control. Do you think this is a mistake. This is the first brand new truck I have ever bought and I am very surprised that the truck doesn't come with vasriable speed control. Also I have had 2 new radio's put in the truck. The radio would go on and off by itself as well as change stations by itself. Thanks for any advise. Leonard
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The radio problems are common on the 2009's. As far as the variable speed wipers, do you have the SR5 package?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
The 09 HUs are a problem, as far as the wipers go, it depends on the package.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
The intermittant wiper mod is easy and rather inexpensive from what I have read over the years.

Marc M
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I have the same wiper setup, no variable speed. My advice would be to get Rain X wiper fluid and then put on a set of Rain X wipers... You'll never need to use them.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
PA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nice

Army:
PA452's Tacoma Gallery
As already said, you won't have variable speed wipers if you don't have the SR5 package.

Personally, I find it absolutely ridiculous that you need to buy a higher trim/option level just to get variable wipers though. When I bought my Tacoma, I wanted power windows/locks and some of the other perks of the SR5 package, so I was going to end up with it anyway. But I'd have been pissed if I didn't want all that stuff and as a result ended up without variable speed wipers.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #7
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
As cheap, and as common, as intermittent wipers are these days, it really is sad that all cars or trucks just don't have them. Even the base model of any vehicle should have this feature.