Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My lift check list.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
FTPtaco is on a distinguished road
FTPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
My lift check list.

Just seeing if I have everything I need. My truck is a 06 double cab prerunner.
1.16x8 american racing chambers.
2.265-75-r16 pro comp xtreme a/t
3.camburg coilovers 2.5
4.total chaos uca
5. pro comp rear shocks with toytec Add A leaf

open to any input thanks!!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not positive but you might need some wheel spacers? I'm sure someone will chime in on the situation.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
why would he need spacers? I have the same tire size and rim size with TC UCAs and the only rub I get is on the body mount on a bumpy turn.
Thats why I said "I'm not positive."
Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
ah gotcha, no problem man. I was wondering if there was something that I missed lol
Its all good, no worries!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTPtaco View Post
Just seeing if I have everything I need. My truck is a 06 double cab prerunner.
1.16x8 american racing chambers.
2.265-75-r16 pro comp xtreme a/t
3.camburg coilovers 2.5
4.total chaos uca
5. pro comp rear shocks with toytec Add A leaf

open to any input thanks!!
longer u-bolts, and centering pin, sway bar spacer to clear coilovers unless you are removing sway bar, make sure you have bolts for the top of the coilover (my icons came with a different thread pattern than the stock bolts and did not come with new bolts).
Old 01-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
Thats shity
Yeah, they were supposed to come with new bolts and if they had, I wouldn't have noticed the different pattern but since I ended up trying to use the factory bolts when I did not see any in the box, I realized I needed to take a quick trip to the hardware store for some new grade 8's. They did not send me the sway bar spacer either so I just removed the sway bar temporarily but since the factory coilovers were already off, I wasn't going to put them back on because of some missing bolts.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
swap the pro comps with 5100's or 5125's. The rest looks pretty well set.
X2
Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #12
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
for sure. those pro comps are junk and if your gonna preload the CO your prob gonna want bigger tires. your off to a good start
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
FTPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone, yea i dont know why i didnt think of getting 5100's kinda spaced haha. I kinda wanted to go with the 265 cause i travel alot for work. should i set it lower then 2.5 so it looks better?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #14

KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTPtaco View Post
Thanks everyone, yea i dont know why i didnt think of getting 5100's kinda spaced haha. I kinda wanted to go with the 265 cause i travel alot for work. should i set it lower then 2.5 so it looks better?
I have my coilovers set to 2.5" with 265/70R17 which is considered a 32" tire. I think it looks pretty good. check my gallery
Old 02-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #15
FTPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
am gonna get the extended brake lines also. Should I keep the sway bar? There shouldnt be any vibration with this set up?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
FTPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
So i went with the icon coilovers should be at home thrusday same with the TC UCAs cant wait. should I buy some axle shims? I just added the longer U bolts to my list of things to still order. If you guys can think of anything else feel free to throw it out there thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #17
10tacomahawaii is on a distinguished road
Army: 411th Engineer Battalion (Combat) (Heavy)
Name: Secret
10tacomahawaii's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm just wondering, what would happen if he doesn't get extended brake lines??? Just like OP, I want to make sure I have everything before I install my Tuff Country 3"... And what about a differential drop? Do I need that too?
Old 02-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #18
10tacomahawaii is on a distinguished road
Army: 411th Engineer Battalion (Combat) (Heavy)
Name: Secret
10tacomahawaii's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck you guys then... All you fuckin haole pussies!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Nick
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tacomahawaii View Post
So I'm just wondering, what would happen if he doesn't get extended brake lines??? Just like OP, I want to make sure I have everything before I install my Tuff Country 3"... And what about a differential drop? Do I need that too?
Not positive but I heard you really dont need the diff drop for a 3" lift. You dont need extended brake lines either unless you are going to do a good amount of wheelin. Flexing your suspension could damage them
Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
^^anger issues? chill out dude...

but the diff drop lowers ur front diff to reduce cv angles if im not mistaken. some say its not necessary but for $25 its cheap insurance imo...as far as brake lines idk someone else needs to say somethin. only thing i can think of is they limit flex acting as limiting straps. which would cause them to break