Notices

2nd Gen Tips, Mods & More

Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #162
tacopoker is on a distinguished road

tacopoker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
Litegide24:

Thanks for the challenge! I will definitely look into this and see it I can find a better solution! Adding a 6cyl AC amplifier is an expensive solution. I will compile all of the info you have requested and have an in depth answer for you tomorrow!
Cheers! -Scott
IGR, Need Fog Lights.
**Taco 2012 Prerunner 4 Cyl. Dbl Cab**
Which Fog Lights would be the best buy? Are there any for other Toyota
vehicles that will fit? Would also need wiring info.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #163
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
I need some help, All windows but my driver will not roll up or down. I checked fuses and that is not the issue. My truck might of experienced some salt water spray after the hurricane but I doubt that did anything, any input helps. I really dont want to go to the stealership to fix it, thanks in advance
Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #164
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throughhonor View Post
I need some help, All windows but my driver will not roll up or down. I checked fuses and that is not the issue. My truck might of experienced some salt water spray after the hurricane but I doubt that did anything, any input helps. I really dont want to go to the stealership to fix it, thanks in advance

Check the little black switch on your door. I turned it off on accident while cleaning. It kid proofs the windows
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #165
05dblcaboffroad is on a distinguished road
Name: Sam
05dblcaboffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Question Leaf spring help?

So im a proud new(to me) tacoma owner, i bought my truck with an existing spacer lift on the front, and it has these "super spring" type helper springs on the rear. The truck sits very close to, but not quite level, so i ordered a set of tough country AAL's. now im unsure if i should do the aal with the super spring thing or without....thoughts?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #167
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Is this a good way to raise the truck, doesn't look too expensive

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=355&gr=-1
I have something similar from Fat Bob's Garage (click here). Even w/ these 2.25" spacers my camber is out of spec using stock upper control arms, thereby wearing the outsides of my front tires more quickly. If it tells you anything I have new Light Racing upper control arms and complete ToyTec coil-overs (Bilstein 5100s w/ Eibach springs) waiting for me to install them in place of the spacers.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #168
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
I have something similar from Fat Bob's Garage (click here). Even w/ these 2.25" spacers my camber is out of spec using stock upper control arms, thereby wearing the outsides of my front tires more quickly. If it tells you anything I have new Light Racing upper control arms and complete ToyTec coil-overs (Bilstein 5100s w/ Eibach springs) waiting for me to install them in place of the spacers.

Thanks for the info
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #169
ExtremeCustoms505 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
ExtremeCustoms505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05dblcaboffroad View Post
So im a proud new(to me) tacoma owner, i bought my truck with an existing spacer lift on the front, and it has these "super spring" type helper springs on the rear. The truck sits very close to, but not quite level, so i ordered a set of tough country AAL's. now im unsure if i should do the aal with the super spring thing or without....thoughts?

Remove the superspring kit when you use the aal. The supersprings are for weight capabilities only and will make your ride horribly stiff.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #170
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
For those who didn't get in on last group buy in September

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...y-january.html
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #171
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at the Toytec lift install for how to install 5100's. Looks to be the same basic's as far as removing the strut/coil assembly and disassemble.

Just had to ask though if there is a thread specifically for 5100's?

If not would be a good Idea since the 5100's are so popular on TW.

Just ordered a set today and am contemplating doing my own install. Doesn't look too hard.

Any idea how much a shop would charge to disassemble and reassemble the strut/coils for me?

One other thing, I thought I saw somewhere that the lower A arm bolts need to be loosened to allow it to drop enough to remove the strut assembly. This was not shown in the Toytec install, is there any info on this or do I remember wrong?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #172
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I've been looking at the Toytec lift install for how to install 5100's. Looks to be the same basic's as far as removing the strut/coil assembly and disassemble.

Just had to ask though if there is a thread specifically for 5100's?

If not would be a good Idea since the 5100's are so popular on TW.

Just ordered a set today and am contemplating doing my own install. Doesn't look too hard.

Any idea how much a shop would charge to disassemble and reassemble the strut/coils for me?

One other thing, I thought I saw somewhere that the lower A arm bolts need to be loosened to allow it to drop enough to remove the strut assembly. This was not shown in the Toytec install, is there any info on this or do I remember wrong?

Thanks!
Here you go: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...lled-pics.html

And from the first post in this thread (not 5100s, but a ToyTec spacer lift):

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mtrdsport.html

The fourth picture down shows you how to disconnect the lower control arm from the spindle in order to get the strut in/out.

How much your shop would charge depends on their hourly labor fee and how long they allocate to the job. Shouldn't take them more than two hours for both sides, so if they're around $90-120/hour it could cost you $180-240-ish.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #173
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, didn't think to look on TN but did search here and with google and found nothing.

As far as the shop, I just meant about them doing the coil swap if I pulled them off the truck.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #174
Tacoformeonly is on a distinguished road

Tacoformeonly's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys ive been looking in to adding LED for like center console cup holders etc however for the center console or glove compartment because i saw somewhere on the forum someone wanted to add it to the their glove but i figure why do we have to switch it on and off why not it turn on as we open them so all in all i was wondering if http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...witch&_sacat=0 this would work http://www.elementalled.com/magnetic-drawer-switch.html its just cheaper on ebay i think 10 for 15 bucks instead of 1 haha so all the electrical savvy people let me know thank you!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #175
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoformeonly View Post
hey guys ive been looking in to adding LED for like center console cup holders etc however for the center console or glove compartment because i saw somewhere on the forum someone wanted to add it to the their glove but i figure why do we have to switch it on and off why not it turn on as we open them so all in all i was wondering if http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...witch&_sacat=0 this would work http://www.elementalled.com/magnetic-drawer-switch.html its just cheaper on ebay i think 10 for 15 bucks instead of 1 haha so all the electrical savvy people let me know thank you!
Just wire it into your illumination wire and whenever your headlights are on your interior lights are on. The glovebox will be closed when not in use so no reason to have it shut off. I used orange (to match the stock interior illumination) flush mount, wide angle LEDs and lit up the front cubby where the cup holders are, the little pocket below and to the right of the steering wheel and then the center console. It's cheap and simple and only requires effort to find out how to remove interior parts to run wires and drill some holes.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #176
Tacoformeonly is on a distinguished road

Tacoformeonly's Tacoma Gallery
I read that some others that used the illumination wire burnt it out lol so is yours on even when ur console is shut?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #177
fj40taz is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 02-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #178
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoformeonly View Post
I read that some others that used the illumination wire burnt it out lol so is yours on even when ur console is shut?
I've read about people burning their house down running the fart fan in the bathroom. Does this mean I shouldn't use mine? Done properly there are no concerns. Yes, always on. Use the proper LEDs and they won't get warm or use much power so there's no reason to mess with switches and such. Just wire everything to the illumination wire and be done.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #179
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'ed
Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #180
chillis is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
chillis's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have a link to download a copy of the maintenance manual?

Products Discussed in this Thread