Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bent TRD shock

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
bent TRD shock

I was helping out Stillfly on another thread when I noticed my TRD shock was not straight.

I looked a few days ago and noticed that there ARE rub marks along the body of the shock.. should i be worried?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
well time to cage the rear before you do the front now hahaha
Old 01-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
well time to cage the rear before you do the front now hahaha
Oh dang!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'd say it's not a good thing...
Agreed. I just wanted to make sure my eyes are not tricking me
Old 01-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would say that's not a good thing but I honestly can't tell if it's bent or not by your pic.

Fink
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
How the hell did you do that, when i had my TRD shocks i beet the living piss out of them and never had that happen. Well as long as your shock mounts aren't bent im sure the shock will still work fine, but i would upgrade your shock soon.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
To me it looks like the lower mount is bent
Old 01-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink View Post
Yeah, I would say that's not a good thing but I honestly can't tell if it's bent or not by your pic.

Fink
Pictures arent always the best reference but It seems like that picture is pretty accurate. Because it doesnt seem to have any pixelated areas or blurs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
How the hell did you do that, when i had my TRD shocks i beet the living piss out of them and never had that happen. Well as long as your shock mounts aren't bent im sure the shock will still work fine, but i would upgrade your shock soon.
Beats the heck out of me. I only have 86K on my truck. And I have beat the piss out of mine too. And I plan to keep it like this until I can afford the LT front and rear(far future).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Dont say that!!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Agreed.

Fink
Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Dont know how it could have happened...
Old 01-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Curb, parking stopper, rock, small child...who knows?

Fink
Old 01-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
a 16 year old driving. s**t happens.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink View Post
Curb, parking stopper, rock, small child...who knows?

Fink
The only thing I recall going over a curb... But i wasnt going fast at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
a 16 year old driving. s**t happens.

theres an excuse to get new shocks though!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
Is it the shock that is bent, or the shock mounting point?
I have no idea. I hope its neither
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
I have a pair of them off my 07 TRD Sport if you'd like a replacement set.

And if it is the shock I will PM you. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
^^^^^X2
which part?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
Why'd you get in front of me for damn. lol
Oh haha ok. My bad.

How many miles do you guys have on them?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Well...... I looked more closely. And Its the shock mount that has twisted sideways EVER so slightly.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #19
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I know what that's from! Lents I think you know to
Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I know what that's from! Lents I think you know to

I dont know...... I guess this means I have to get a Tundra Axle....