Notices

looking for good cheap lift

Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Negative Ghostrider
bnavin is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
bnavin's Tacoma Gallery
looking for good cheap lift

does anybody know of a nice riding lift kit that i can put on my double cab for less then $650?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
mattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of light
Name: matt
mattcombs's Tacoma Gallery
i have a revtec and i like it very well. most people will talk crap about it but i havnt seen a problem yet
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Negative Ghostrider
bnavin is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
bnavin's Tacoma Gallery
is the 1 1/4" lift in the back enough to level out the truck if i put the 3" lift in the front?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
no such thing as a good cheap lift, to lift it properly be ready to invest alot of money and do it right the first time
Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnavin View Post
does anybody know of a nice riding lift kit that i can put on my double cab for less then $650?
5100s and AAL. Will be close in price range.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you go for the OME lift from toyteclift.com and you can get a 5% discount since you are a TW member. Coils,shocks front & back, Add a leaf, diff drop. Check it out!! That's what I'm saving for
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
No such thing!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gonna cost u at least a grand!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Dirty Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnavin View Post
is the 1 1/4" lift in the back enough to level out the truck if i put the 3" lift in the front?

umm no
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Gonna cost u at least a grand!
You talking to me?? I was quoted $720 to my door
Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
I'll tell ya what...I put a 2.5" Hell Bent Steel lift on the front and the TSB rear spring swap and am very happy with my setup. I put Spidertrax spacers on and with some trimming am running 285/70-17 Duratracs. For what I've got invested so far, I don't think I could have done better. I did the work myself so the total cost for lift was $75.00 plus I got it aligned for $100.00.

The 2.5" Hell Bent Steel lift said that you can fit up to 32" tires. If I want to run 255/85/16s how much trimming is needed? I have an 01. Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
Dirty Trucker

U will still need Uca's = @ least $400!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #14
DuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st EOD Co.
Name: Tom
DuderAbides's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to have to say that the words "good" and "cheap" really don't coincide with one another when it comes to a lift....come to think of it, i really don't think it works that well with any upgrades! My buddy gave me one of those garage signs when I started wrenchin on cars that said somethin along the lines of
"Cheap
Fast
Reliable
Choose two!"

I'd assume the same goes for trucks as well!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
The 2.5" Hell Bent Steel lift said that you can fit up to 32" tires. If I want to run 255/85/16s how much trimming is needed? I have an 01. Thanks
Don't know much about the first gen Tacomas. I had to trim quite a bit off of the inner fender and clip the edge from the fender flare. Trimmed more than I thought I would have to and still get a rub when I turn my wheels a certain way on a slight upgrade.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
gusher, you got any pics of your truck?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #17
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
put a revtek coil spacer in front with a top plate spacer for 3" front lift and a 2" aal in rear
Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #20
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
no such thing as a good cheap lift, to lift it properly be ready to invest alot of money and do it right the first time
Although I agree with you, I think there are other people in my situation. I've read many threads that say "do it right the first time" or "save your $$$ and do it right" and I agree that would be the best way. But, I needed tires now and didn't want to spend the $$$ for both a great set of tires and a great lift. So, I got great tires and put enough $$$ into my suspension to clear them. Now I can save the $$$ for a great lift. I only invested $175.00 in my lift ($75.00 for the HBS 2.5" front lift, $100.00 for an alignment, and $0.00 for rear TSB).