Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wet Okole w/ Tan Interior?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
lost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
lost1700's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole w/ Tan Interior?

I was looking at the Wet Okole group buy pictures thread and not one 2nd gen has a tan interior, they are all gray.

Does anybody have picture of 2gen tan interior with wet okole covers?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see this as well. What color wet okole's match the tan interior best? "taupe?" "tan?".
Old 01-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have Wet Okole's with black/taupe in my 2006 Tacoma DC since I bought the truck new in March 2007.
I believe Toyota may have changed the interior coloring code from taupe to tan in later model years 2009+ maybe.
I do not know what the difference is but the Taupe of Wet Okole matches the Toyota taupe interior. I asked for swatches to make sure.

These covers have held up really well but I also bought the WO cleaning kit & it works great to keep em clean, I poured a whole cup of coffee on these and nothing went through or stained. I really love these seat covers.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
lost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I have Wet Okole's with black/taupe in my 2006 Tacoma DC since I bought the truck new in March 2007.
I believe Toyota may have changed the interior coloring code from taupe to tan in later model years 2009+ maybe.
I do not know what the difference is but the Taupe of Wet Okole matches the Toyota taupe interior. I asked for swatches to make sure.

These covers have held up really well but I also bought the WO cleaning kit & it works great to keep em clean, I poured a whole cup of coffee on these and nothing went through or stained. I really love these seat covers.
Nice. I really like that. I definitely want black in mine. I am not sure if I will go all black or a mix like yours. Your definitely look nice.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
mjp_tx is on a distinguished road

mjp_tx's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, if you ever decide to sell let me know!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Ever had any problem with the black from the covers staining or coloring the tan interior?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Ever had any problem with the black from the covers staining or coloring the tan interior?
that's a great question but I wouldn't think so. The covers are made from neoprene which is a form of rubber and they have a nylon lining which is also a synthetic product that would get it's coloring during the manufacturing process, therefor they should not bleed.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
I have not had any trouble with that in almost 3 yrs & mine still look new imo. The colorfast of all the material has not faded. Each color has stayed within its own boundaries
I have cleaned the center every so often on the front seats, my dog paws & coffee, spray bottle mix w/ W.O. neoprene cleaner sprayed directly right in the truck seat covers. It keeps them new.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:42 AM   #10
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's tan interior is also known as "fawn"
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is somewhat of an old thread, but does anyone know if the 2nd gen tan is the same as the 1st gen? Looking to get in on the WO GB but dont know what color matches the 1st gen tan.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
From my Toyota factory window sticker:

PYRITE MICA / BISQUE / TAUPE

Old 01-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #13
Stock Work Truck, urgh...
subspd is on a distinguished road
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2006 and it looks like the above picture is a different color than mine.

OP you ordered the "taupe" not the "tan" correct? It looks like it matches well. I am thinking I will order the exact same as this...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
Stock Work Truck, urgh...
subspd is on a distinguished road
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
This is the picture I was asking about... just to confirm this is the "taupe" not the "tan" online it looks like the tan would be a closer match but yours looks great.