Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

07 TSB leaf spring/MPG Question & Pictures

Old 03-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
slackdaddy2001 is on a distinguished road
Marines: G 3/14 Trenton NJ
slackdaddy2001's Tacoma Gallery
07 TSB leaf spring/MPG Question & Pictures

Can anyone upload a picture of their 2007 Tacoma with the TSB leaf spring installed? I am interested in seeing how it looks with the back lifted around 3/4". Does it look ok after the back is lifted the 3/4" without the front lifted the same. I'm almost sure it can hardly be seen. Also, does anyone see it effecting the gas mileage in any way? I have a 07 DC Shortbed 4.0 TRD offroad. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
knickerbocker is on a distinguished road

knickerbocker's Tacoma Gallery
for the photos just search the photo gallery for "tsb" or "after tsb," plenty of people have put those pictures up. as for fuel economy, i don't think it affects it noticeably either way. i just picked up my truck post tsb from the dealership and got 24 mpg on the first tank. V6 4x4. so don't let fuel consumption stop you from getting it.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
from what i saw w/ it done, it looked more like 1 1/4" of lift in the back. here is a pic of mine w/ just the tsb in the rear. but also notice, the front is on a downward slope, so its sitting a lil lower than it normally would...and no change in mpg

Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
slackdaddy2001 is on a distinguished road
Marines: G 3/14 Trenton NJ
slackdaddy2001's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info!! JHodge, taco looks nice!! I went on the photo link & did a search on "TSB" with some results as well. Will probably get mine done before hitting the 36000 warranty as the TSB states.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackdaddy2001 View Post
Thanks for the info!! JHodge, taco looks nice!! I went on the photo link & did a search on "TSB" with some results as well. Will probably get mine done before hitting the 36000 warranty as the TSB states.
The ride is firmer too...definitely get it!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda late...but:

Here's a picture of my 07 with the TSB performed. For the past 3 months, I've been carrying 210lbs of sand in the bed. The sand bags were removed and this is the rake I have now. Not nearly as high as it was when I first got the TSB done. I think the minor rake it has is absolutely perfect!!

And for reference - here's a pict of the truck with the original springs after I purchased it last year.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackdaddy2001 View Post
Can anyone upload a picture of their 2007 Tacoma with the TSB leaf spring installed? I am interested in seeing how it looks with the back lifted around 3/4". Does it look ok after the back is lifted the 3/4" without the front lifted the same. I'm almost sure it can hardly be seen. Also, does anyone see it effecting the gas mileage in any way? I have a 07 DC Shortbed 4.0 TRD offroad. Thanks in advance!
Here's a pic of my 07 DC SB 4.0 TRD OR about a month after the TSB. Not the best pic because of the slope of the driveway, but it's more data for you. I have no plans to "correct" the rake.