1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hard water spots on windows

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blue Tango, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Apr 4, 2008 at 9:48 PM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    Ok well after work I stopped by a glass shop that just so happens to be about a quarter mile down the road from where I live. They said they don't actually remove the spots themselves but the guy said he had something that should work. After looking at my windows he told me that my spots were really bad. Luckily the stuff he ended up selling me works great. I knocked out only 1 window so far but it looks amazing now. This stuff does leave very tiny and almost unnoticeable swirls but he said some car wax will hide that and protect them. Once I get up tomorrow, provided this storm is gone, I'll go out to finish the job and let you guys know what the stuff is.

2. Apr 4, 2008 at 11:39 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    Use some real polish and a real buffer, not some autozone junk.

I've used an orbital Porter Cable 7424 buffer to actually polish out deep scratches in glass, much deeper than any water spot etching.

A rotary buffer with a wool pad will really do the trick.

3. Apr 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM
    Blue Tango

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    Westin Bull Bar
    The solution is called Bio-Clean. Came in a white bottle, the stuff is a green liquid (a little thick) and smells like toothpaste. I considered polishing the windows after mainly cause I bought a craftsmen random orbital buffer about a year ago and still haven't used it. But I'm leaving for Germany soon so the truck can only get so much of my time and waxing is a high priority to keep it protected while I'm gone.

4. Apr 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM
    Blue Tango

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    Westin Bull Bar
    It will be for about 2 months. One of the guys going with me said I can leave the truck at his place and his wife will run it from time to time to prevent problems. I always make sure someone takes care of my vehicles when I'm gone more than a month.

Products Discussed in

To Top