Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Universal Joint noise with lift kit.....

Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
God fearing turkey hunter
chadabear is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
chadabear's Tacoma Gallery
Universal Joint noise with lift kit.....

I have a 2008 double cab TRD pre-runner, I Installed a AAL and a coil spacer 3" lift around 8000 miles ago, with my truck having 44000 miles now. I noticed a squeaking today while backing up and have heard that noise before...sounds like a universal joint going bad...Anyone have this problem before this early, could the lift have had any contributions. I am a mechanic and do all my own work, but this is my first self installed lift kit. I did notice a vibration upon acceleration, but didn't think the lift changed the pinion angle enough to cause a strain on the u-joint. Just tryin to get some feed back, I have the factory extended warranty...(which I have never used yet), and am sure they will bogue my claim due to the lift kit.......................
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
God fearing turkey hunter
chadabear is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
chadabear's Tacoma Gallery
bump....anyone????
Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
marcp is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Marc
marcp's Tacoma Gallery
Realizing that this is an old thread, did you ever find a solution? I have the same trouble with Firestone Air Bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadabear View Post
I have a 2008 double cab TRD pre-runner, I Installed a AAL and a coil spacer 3" lift around 8000 miles ago, with my truck having 44000 miles now. I noticed a squeaking today while backing up and have heard that noise before...sounds like a universal joint going bad...Anyone have this problem before this early, could the lift have had any contributions. I am a mechanic and do all my own work, but this is my first self installed lift kit. I did notice a vibration upon acceleration, but didn't think the lift changed the pinion angle enough to cause a strain on the u-joint. Just tryin to get some feed back, I have the factory extended warranty...(which I have never used yet), and am sure they will bogue my claim due to the lift kit.......................