Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED Guage Mod/LED cup holders,

Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
wwjdweldingman's Tacoma Gallery
LED Guage Mod/LED cup holders,

White LED's with blue needles

Water proof White LED's in the cup holders and i painted the center black to match my headunit!

Anybody else do this mod? How easy was it for you?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
where did you wire the cup holder lights to as I'm thinking about that mod too
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
i spliced into the wire that lights up which gear the shifter is, so whenever i turn on my running lights the cup holders light up.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
thats a good idea for the wiring, but I was thinking about putting the lights up under the dash in the indents for the cig lighter and the ex socket so they point down & shine on cup holders as well as the bin behind
Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
that'd be pretty bright!! but you could do it! i got my LED's at http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux
Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
IcarusFallen is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Shhhhh
Name: William
IcarusFallen's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Good! Those superflux LEDs are super bright. Do you have any close ups of how you mounted them in the cupholders? I'd be curious to see how flush they are compared to the 5mm installs I have seen.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Am I the only one who likes the stock orange light? It's easy on the eyes, at least for me. But I already dial mine to 50% so I don't care for bright light in the cab at night.

But I will say LEDs can offer some slim installs for lighting throughout....just as long as I can turn em off though....that'd be cool.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo7 View Post
Am I the only one who likes the stock orange light? It's easy on the eyes, at least for me. But I already dial mine to 50% so I don't care for bright light in the cab at night.

But I will say LEDs can offer some slim installs for lighting throughout....just as long as I can turn em off though....that'd be cool.
Nope. White LED's ruin night vision. Red/Orange is easier to deal with when driving at night.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
kube815 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
kube815's Tacoma Gallery
how hard was it to replace the guage lights?