Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Opinions Please - Mag Grey w/ Anthracite TRD FJ Rims

View Poll Results: Anthracite wheels on a mag grey body?
Looks good, do it 40 95.24%
Keep the Sport rims, get new tires 1 2.38%
Get something else altogether 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions Please - Mag Grey w/ Anthracite TRD FJ Rims

I've got a set of brand new anthracite TRD FJ Special Edition 16" rims that I had on my silver streak '09. I have a mag grey '10 now.

Do you think the anthracite rims will look weird since they closely match the mag grey body? I've been thinking about selling the FJ rims and just putting new tires on the 17" Sport rims. I like the contrast between the silver Sport rims and the mag grey body now.

Here's a pic of my old truck with the FJ rims on it. It'd be awesome if someone could do a photoshop color adjustment to get it to look mag grey. Haha looking for a rep point whore! :-P

Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would look great.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
I have MG 2010 DC, and I think that wheel would look great with this color...
Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
MTLTaco is on a distinguished road
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I got a 2009 DC LB sport. Mag Grey w those wheels. Looks like it should of when it left the factory. Also the grey on the rims is not an exact match to the truck but what could you do.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
It'd look like ass, give them to me instead.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
amati5 is on a distinguished road
amati5's Tacoma Gallery
Here, your wheels on mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Opinions Please - Mag Grey w/ Anthracite TRD FJ Rims-gray-wheels.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
After seen the chop done by amati5, I'm starting to think they wont look as good as they did on your silver.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amati5 View Post
Here, your wheels on mine.
Thanks! +rep! This seals the deal...they look really damn good. After I put the lift on I'm going to get 265/75s for these TRD rims. Just need a warm(er) weekend to get out there and do it.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think they would look good! I have already seen the same exact truck with the same exact rims on TW somewhere and it looked really good actually!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
They look awful... I'll take em!! j/k They look really good!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
just change them, if you don't like it it's not hard to change back. But I think it would look good.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
This is just me...but I think they would look better on a MGM than on the silver you had.
Agreed.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #17
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I say do what you like.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:26 AM   #18
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I like them! I have set of silver FJ wheels just like them on the way and I am powdercoating them black like the trail team wheels. That is always an option for you also.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #19
apotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ets-seeem.html

It would look damnd good, don't sell'm