1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally have a "pulled someone out" story!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sooner07, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 [OP] 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I didn't have what would be considered ideal. I have a couple sets of tie down straps. I used three straps, hooked my hitch (with the open side facing up) and looped them into the hitch plate on his.

I know this wasn't ideal, or even recommended, but it was what I had on hand. I wouldn't make it a habit of using them either, but they worked in a pinch. I was also able to get pretty close (like 2' ) from him, so there wasn't any real slack to have to deal with.

2. Jan 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not perfect. But it works. I've used it.

3. Jan 30, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    ^Recently did that and pulled a chevy out that was almost stuck to the frame, next in line was an F150 and it was burried to the frame, couldn't pull it out.

4. Jan 30, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    Aha! So simple I'm ashamed I didn't get it... I appreciate the help. For a once-in-a-blue-moon scenario that I'm wanting to be prepared for that's a great minimal cost solution. Thank you.

Products Discussed in

To Top