Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is this junk?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
ROADHOG will become famous soon enoughROADHOG will become famous soon enough
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
Is this junk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

Before i'd bid on one i'd like some opinions.Thanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
never saw that kind of bed extender,idk neither.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like it, looks like foam on the corners. remember you get what you pay for. my .002
Old 01-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
yep
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
xfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
xfactor's Tacoma Gallery
X2 92.00 is pretty cheap.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
do you get a free hat with it?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
it looks like it, looks like foam on the corners. remember you get what you pay for. my .002
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
do you get a free hat with it?
$24.95 value!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
most ebay stuff is junk
Old 01-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i mean it depends on what you plan on doing with it...its made of aluminum and Glass infused nylon so in reality the extender itself will be sufficient strength wise. in all the times i have used a bed extender i have never put them under any sort of strain or weight bearing. as long as the extender can get a good grip on the sides of the bed to keep it sturdy then it should "on paper" be ok. now when you get it, it could be a pos that doesn't work worth a shit, never know.

for a hundred bucks i'd try to find an oem extender used from craigslist or such.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
Junk
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
i mean it depends on what you plan on doing with it.
Hold my gas cans and such when my quad is in the bed.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADHOG View Post
Hold my gas cans and such when my quad is in the bed.
Get a bed divider and keep them at the front against the cab. My old truck had both a divider and a extender, i used the divider all the time, and 99% of the time when i used the extender it was with the tailgate closed and to keep crap from rolling around the back of the bed.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
Get a bed divider and keep them at the front against the cab.
I can't.I have a dbl cab with a 5ft bed.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #15
kngharley is on a distinguished road

kngharley's Tacoma Gallery
It might be OK. Find a truck shop that sells them and check it out
Old 01-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #17
S-M-R-T will become famous soon enoughS-M-R-T will become famous soon enough
S-M-R-T's Tacoma Gallery
There is a hot chick in a bikini on the Ebay add. I usually take that to mean that the product is unable to sell on it own merits (ie. junk).