Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Booming DC interior air pressure

Old 03-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
catskillbill is on a distinguished road
catskillbill's Tacoma Gallery
Booming DC interior air pressure

I had a rear driver's side seat person crack their window open with all the others closed, and it felt like I the truck was vibrating loose. Seemed like I was an inch from a helicopter blade. The ossilating ear pressure was killing everyone inside until I closed the window. Anyone ever feel this too?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskillbill View Post
I had a rear driver's side seat person crack their window open with all the others closed, and it felt like I the truck was vibrating loose. Seemed like I was an inch from a helicopter blade. The ossilating ear pressure was killing everyone inside until I closed the window. Anyone ever feel this too?
I can't say that I have done this with my Taco, but when I had my Durango it would do the same thing if the rear passenger window was down but no others. It is merely the displacement of the air and how it travels over the cab and hits the rear windows.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
A nice way to cure this, the plastic window vents.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
dsds is on a distinguished road
dsds's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I noticed your complaint the day I drove mine home. Deafening.
Can't do much about it other than crack another window a bit or play with how much the window is open.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I've felt it. It's not unique to the Tacoma. My buddy's Explorer did the same thing. Cracking a front window prevents it.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
A nice way to cure this, the plastic window vents.
Yep.......that will do the trick. Had the same problem with my car and that fixed it!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
all vehicles do this. the only cure is to crack another window or possibly the plastic vents
Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
I think every vehicle I have ever owned does this...some worse than others Just one of them thangs
Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
all 4 door cars I drove do this
Old 03-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I agree with everyone here. Every 4 door car I have owned has done this. My wife's RAV4 does it as well as my DC Tacoma.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that happens in almost all vehicles, my previous car did that when only the sun roof was open....
Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. pop another window slighly.........Rich