1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another story

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kadukukilla671, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    kadukukilla671

kadukukilla671 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Las vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4
    TRD drop in filter, flowmaster 50series muffler
    The cousin and I took the raptor700's out for a day of fun at nellis dunes here in las vegas. when we drove in we noticed a jeep wranlger that had his rear end sunk in the sand all the way to the diff. We parked set up our things and went over to try and assist the driver said his 4wd wasnt engaging for some reason so i offerd to pull him out but he said it was ok becuase he had his friend in a lifted jeep with 35's coming to rescue him as he said.lol So we left him went riding and when we came back we saw the rescue jeep it was a old Cj lifted and had 35's it was nice so we watched while he hooked up the other jeep drop tire pressure and attemp to pull him out, after so many tugs and pulls he sank in him self all the way to both diffs lol. Then here comes this new frontier NISMO all pre-runnerd out with 33'bfg's but it was only 2wd and he said "oh i got a locking diff i can pull anyone out" haha talk about big headed. so he tried and realized that he cant pull just anyone out lol so he unhooked him self before he got stuck and i couldnt keep watching these guys so i just asked if i could help but i told them all i have is a tacoma with stock street tires (dunlops) but it is 4x4 lol. the two jeep guys laughed and said i dont mean to put you down but i dont want you to end up like me . that kinda erked me and i said F*ck it ill try anyways. i hooked up the jeep with broken 4x4 put my truck in 4lo (keep in mind i didnt even air down) and basically walked him out lol haha. then i hooked up to the big Cj started to pull but i started sinking in but didnt give up all i did was turn left to right and worked with the gas pedal and he was out lol the guy in the big jeep was embarresd.. i wish i had my cam but just goes to show DONT EVER DOUBT A TACOMA LOL..

2. Jan 30, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Damn right!

3. Jan 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Pictures or it didn't happen. :D

:worthless:

Products Discussed in

To Top