So first, here's my definition of inexpensive but effective:
- No cost for the rear leaf TSB but will raise the truck back end ~1".
- $300 for Bilstein 5100s (front and rear)
- Fronts set to 1.75" to raise and level the truck.
- No cost for labor
- $125 for a four wheel alignment when its all done.
Total Cost $425
- Firm but improved factory like ride
- Ample lift for tires up to 31.6" in diameter
- Simple bolt on installation
- No UCA issues
- No front differential drop necessary
- Minor wheel house trimming likely
I'm planning on going with a 285/65-17 tire. This tire will be .75" wider (11.22" total) and ~1" taller on factory 17" wheels (31.59").
Rear slabs go on Monday. 5100s and the front end alignment next weekend. Tires in ~ 1 month. I'll let you know how it works out.