Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Changing transfer case/Front diff/ rear diff

Old 01-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I think its 2 qts for the front diff. Not sure on the other 2, where chris4x4 when u need him? He'll know
Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Get 6 quarts. 3 for the rear. 1.1 quarts for the Transfer case, and 1.6 Quarts for the front.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
when is it recommended to change the transmission fluid? my truck has that right? lol, I feel like an idiot considering how much i mess with motors
Shouldnt have to worry about that until between 60K and 100K miles. Depending on use.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI...
Toyota just revised their maintenance schedule on transmission oil changes. They're now saying 60K miles.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
just did this, past wed. no you dont measure. just pump/fill until it trickles out of the fill hole. the fill hole does double duty as a fluid level checker. get it to the hole, and you're good to go.

be prepared with a 10mm allen socket for the front. i cant see success with a L-shaped allen. i used red-line because that is what my independent shop carried. i bought 6 quarts, and ended up with about 3/4 quart, maybe less, left over. so, buy one gallon and two small bottles.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
did mine at 50k, about 8 qts. with tranny. Went with royal purple