1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yokohama Geolandar AT's, Anybody Have Them?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by saf023, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    saf023

saf023 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    I did a seach on the Yokohama Geolandar AT tire and not much has been said in a while. Anybody running these tires? I'm thinking of going with 275/76-17 tires.

- If you have them, are you happy with them?
    - Anyone running them on stock 17" rims?

2. Jan 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    I bought my last tires through Discount Tires. Yokohama Geolanders A/T-S. They were P265-75R17. Put about 15,000 miles on them. They rode very nice on the highway, handled logging roads and trails in the Northwest very well. Not a super mud tire but light mud ok. Handled light snow well. Keep um rotated regularly and they will easily last 40,000 miles. They were reasonably priced through the Tire Rack and Discount Tire met the price, ordered and installed them for me.
    The short answer is yes, I liked the tire and would consider them again.

Another tire I like that is reasonably priced and will probably meet any requirements is the General Grabber AT 2. I am considering either of these for replacement to my OEM junk. There are several articles on the General's which all look promising.
    good luck. Ken

3. Jan 30, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    Project.paradigm

Project.paradigm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oil Country,Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4 Dub cab
    Airlift rear air bags. Hood struts. sockmonkey bedside decal. TRD supercharger(not installed). Deckplate. Grey wire mod. Extended rear diff breather. 6000k HIDS. 18"Magnaflow. Truxxx 3" level kit. (Temporary) Wet Okole seat covers. BoxRocket bed rack. Bora 0.75 wheel spacers All pro sliders. BAMF BPV. B&M trans cooler.
    Most people that have them seem to like them, but i've seen a lot wear funny. I would recommend rotating often as well.

4. Jan 30, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    bcliff

bcliff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad DCSB
    leaf TSB, added D-Rings, bed mat, weathertechs
    When both the General Grabbers AT 2's and Bridgestone Revos were backordered by my local tire shop, my guy suggested the Geolander's at the same price as the GG AT 2's. I passed on them and waited for the AT 2's. I had them installed yesterday and am very happy thus far. They look great and ride awesome. My suggestion is to go for the GG AT 2's.

5. Jan 30, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    save ur monies and get bfgs!

Products Discussed in

To Top